1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-HORNET DIES WTB

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Tracer, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracer

Tracer Member

0   0   0

I am looking for a set of 22 K-Hornet dies. Call 503-999-4617 or write
    to nwresearch2003@yahoo.com

Thanks, Del

2. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

0   0   0

You do realize there are several configuratins of that caliber right? I went through this exercise a few years ago and sent dimensions from reamer manufacturers to RCBS and Forster and both told me that none of the reamer dimensions I sent them matched their K-Hornet print. I was going to have to send them 3 fired cases from my gun and they would cut me a set of dies from my spent brass. More pricey than I was willing to go for. I opted to just keep shooting my Hornet as a Hornet.

Jeff

3. Tracer

Tracer Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the input Jeff. I just got back from and old gunsmith friend of mine who has reamed many K-Hornets and he was able to order a set of dies from RCBS for me. He is going to ream my CZ-527 for me tomorrow and we should have the dies in a couple of days. The CZ clips don't feed the 22 Hornet brass well but handle the K-Hornet brass really well since it is more of a streight case. Have you tried any of the Hornady 35 grain v-max bullets in yours yet? I have used the 40 grain v-max but had to alter the clip to handle the longer bullets. They shoot very well. The only draw back concerning the dies is that they are almost double the price of standard calibers.

Del

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.