1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-Gun KX-5, Who's Got One ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by blade819, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Thinking about buying a K Gun KX-5. What is the opinion of anyone who shoots one?

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I've got the KS-5 Special which was the forerunner of the KX gun. Both have the same adjustable parts and differences are minor. In my case, simply stated, it will be my single barrel gun for the rest of my shootin' life. Very simple works, built strong, should last a life time.....Bob Dodd

3. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

I do. KX-5. Well built, shooots well when I do. I plan on shooting it until I quit 20 years or so from now. I've heard some members say it kicks hard. I have not found that to be true. It shot so soft I didn't feel the need to put any sort of recoil device on it. I ended up doing it anyway just because I needed an adjustable pad. I bought mine from this website, with a very smooth transaction.

all the best,
    john

4. newark sportsman

newark sportsman TS Member

One for sale in good shape advertised here on this site.

Please take a look at it if you are interested.

Like new condition without the like new price.

5. ScottD

ScottD TS Member

I have a one and think it's fantastic. Mine is an '06 with a 34" tube. It just oozes quality; the wood is dense and understated, the wood/metal fit is excellent, the checkering is ultra crisp, the floating barrel avoids heat distortion, the comb and rib are easy to adjust, the adjustable trigger breaks like glass, etc. And the package all came in a top-shelf Americase!

Mine weighs 9 lbs and recoil is not an issue. When you first shoot one, your forearm will get sore... the top-lever cocks the gun so it takes a bit of effort to push the lever. It's a lot of gun for the money.

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

ScottDs remarks include one of the beauties of these guns. The top lever does, in fact, cock the hammer spring but it only took me about 30 shots or so to become accustomed to the additional effort. The good part is there is no cocking rods, linkage, or other "stuff" between the receiver and the forearm making it, again, one of the best examples of simplicity you can imagine....Bob Dodd

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info and recommendations. My mind is made up....forget the Italians and go German.KX5 it is.

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

If you'd consider a used gun rather than new, the KS-5 Special has all the doo dads of the KX gun and will likely be found for in the $3200 range. There's bound to be several out there in great shape - like mine was from Joel Etchen in PA. You'll next be faced with 32" or 34" and I say the biggest difference is that the 34" gun will retain it's value better but I'd sure select the one that felt best since you'll probably keep it....breakemall....Bob Dodd

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I have one of the first KX-5s and had three KS-5s before it. The KX-5 is now 5-1/2 years old and has had one "annual" service performed on it in August of 2005. None of the KS-5s ever required any repairs and the first one was purchased used. In short, they're almost unbreakable and if you need it, Krieghoff International's service is as good as any and better than most!

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.