1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-gun high rib ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by southjblue, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Looking for input of opinions of the new high rib craze---Any out there that are happy with the new teck of the high rib?If yes or no, opinions appreciated- and are any that used the high rib staying with it or going back to the standard rib----Thanks---George@SJB---

2. soundaround

soundaround Member

Its the only thing my wife and I shoot. I do feel it helps me quite a bit. On the other hand one of the best shooters at my club just doesn't like them and his scores suffer. I really think it is personal preferencebut I do believe I see the target better and faster with the high rib.

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

What is that high rib good shooter going to do?---George

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I like them for two reasons. #1 it has improved my trap shooting. #2 they look neater than shit!

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

My wife and myself both shoot high rib guns. You can see the target better and the guns look good also. Up to date.

6. wlc

wlc Member

Why can you see the targets better?

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I shoot a high rib gun but the rib is fixed it doesn't move. I see no advantage to the rib as far as seeing the target better.

Bob Lawless

8. maka

maka Member

An elderly gentelman who shot a Model 31. It looked like it around the world. After I asked to look at his gun and ask why he shot an older gun? He told me he could afford a 4,6, & 10 thosand gun. He told me if thats what you want go for it. He stated if you shoot it poorly at least you look good when you walk off the line.

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I've shot Browning Plus guns for years..by todays standards its more like a mid rib and as high as I would want..tried a couple of different guns with higher ribs and didnt care for them at all...at some point the rib is so high you feel disconnected from the gun..I'm happy with what I have

10. 4N6PE

4N6PE Member

WIC:

In answer to your question,you're looking out the mid-portion of your eye with a high rib and upright head. The middle of your eye has far more acuity than the top of your eye when your head is down on a low rib.

Ned

11. wlc

wlc Member

It seems like the drop at the heel of the stock would have more effect on head position than rib height. Is this not true?

12. 4N6PE

4N6PE Member

That's true only if you set the butt of the stock in your shoulder first when mounting and then drop your cheek onto the comb.I was taught to raise the comb into the cheek with head upright, then set the butt.

Ned

13. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

Southblue I thought you had a K-80 already? Is it still for sale?

14. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Its the 1st I ever heard that we have to now think about what part of the eye we have to use to shoot---
    when the weather breakes I'll now go out and try to use the middle of my eye---
    That will be fun---SJB---

15. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I bought a K-80 not for the high rib but for the better balance and smoother trigger. Durability and resale value played a minor part in the decision. I don't have an agressive stance. I stand up straight and never scrunched my head and neck down on the comb. The Trap Special came natural to me. Eyes centered I quess is a bonus. Never knew about that until after I bought it. Also any dealers will send you a gun for a test drive. You'll need your credit card as a deposit. Dave T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.