1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 ???

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by southjblue, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have talked with two very knowledgeable persons who gave me appraisal info on K-80 combo trap mdls--Standard-'05 or newer---34" unsgl (F) fixed---32" O/U (F) and (IM) Fixed--Low rib---Mint condition with very little use--$7,500.00 to $8,000.00 or lower-I would be interested in any out there that would fit that discription--Release trigger--PM with pics please---Thanks---George

2. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

0   0   0

George Good luck with that price range. Seeing that a new one with one barrel is 10K. I've seen some older models early 90's for $7500.

3. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

An appraisal is worth what you pay for it -- maybe.

If you're selling a gun and someone says it's worth "X" ask if he'd buy it for "X" -- probably not.

If someone tells you an K-80 combo is worth $7,500 to $8,000 ask him if he has one for sale at that price -- probably not.

There are a lot of "experts" out there that are like they say in Texas - "All hat and no cattle".

Everyone one's an expert when it isn't their money or gun.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

One auction gun does not make a market

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Well the market is what you can sell the gun for.

Dealers can typically sell a gun for 25 -50 percent more than a private individual can

The problem is that the private individual that purchase from a dealer now believes that is what his gun is worth when he turns around and tries to sell it.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Well it sounds like according to Jack,the low rib guns are a thing of the past.
    I have a friend (AA) shooter who had a high rib K-gun,used it for 3 mos and sold it and went back to a low rib K-gun---So far I can't find any offers to my thread---Looks like those who have,want to hang on to the low rib---Just asking---George

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Low ribbed guns are not a thing of the past but there are a lot of them out there.

High ribbed K80s may or may not make it

Both are still manufactured

Over time K80s tend to go up in value if you hang on to it long enough- now up in value is as compared to purchasing the gun used initially. If you purchased new from a dealer- you might have to wait 20 years but it might still go up in value enough to equal that or go past that amount

Regards from Iowa

Gene

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Krieghoff shipped around a dozen new low rib K-80's all of last year. I'll bet that number changes in the future!!

9. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks Gene---There not going over that great in my area---I'm thinking about rigging up one of my K-gun receivers to a high rib---Will need a bbl and stock---Any out there let me know--
    George

10. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

0   0   0

Gene,
    I beg to differ that a private seller takes a 25-50% loss over a dealer. I can tell you several guns I have bought from "dealers" such as Gander Mountain that I have turned around and sold for 25 to 50% more than I paid. One such was a BT-99 Golden Clays. Paid $1600 and sold it for $2400. That is one. With Personal sales alot of people think that because a normal guy is selling a gun they should accept a basement price well below a dealer. This is true if a guy is loosing his house or needs to food on the table. But for those of us that keep our guns in pristine condition and don't need to reduce the cost usually sell for close to dealer retail or pretty close. I know I wouldn't sell any of my guns for 50% less than a dealer would sell them for.

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

OLEO---Where did you come up with that number? SJB---

12. oleolliedawg

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Direct from my source at Krieghoff. I used to work for Huntings Gun Shop at one time. We imported K-80's for a few years and were the warranty repair center for Krieghoff!!

13. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I think I'll call Deiter tomorrow and check that out---Can I quote you?Was that 1 dozen?---George

14. oleolliedawg

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Anytime, but first you have to get past Jeanine or Braxton. They have filters you know!!

15. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Was that 1 dozen?

16. oleolliedawg

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

And Deiters response will be "we veel we make a good product"!!

17. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Will he know you as OLEO?---Just joshing---George

18. oleolliedawg

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

George, I believe the real number is closer to 10. Let's get down to some figures. Sporting Clays shotguns comprise around 70% of their market. K-80 trap guns are a much smaller % of their sales and Trap Specials are the vast majority. There you have it!!

19. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'm sure you are right but I just don't see it in my neck of the woods and I'm in a very popular K-gun area---Guess I haven't spread out far enough---I'd like to try one though but I shoot a release and none around me---Also the one that I could have tried was owned by a AA shooter and he gave up on it in 3 months and went back to the standard---I have 3 K-gun receivers and may try to find a TS bbl and stock to dress it up---If done I'll let you know---George

20. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

0   0   0

If you call Krieghoff - tell Janine and Braxton 'MK' said hi!!!! They are great folks, but I doubt they will divulge any juicy info about their retailers, etc. They are a classy outfit. OH - say hi to Don, Elmer and Matt too!

mk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.