1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 wont eject shells all the time ...Question:

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Masterplan, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masterplan

Masterplan TS Member

Q: Sometimes when I open my gun the ejector wont eject the shell.

Also Sometimes when I have a loaded shell in there it decideds it wants to work

and out pops my shell on the line (@#*&)!

What to do ?

Thanks PS YES......ITS CLEAN AND LUBED :eek:)

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Sounds like the ejector sear is worn. Jeff

3. Masterplan

Masterplan TS Member

4. Masterplan

Masterplan TS Member

Thanks but can you offer any more infomationas to what he did to it? an ajustment ?

5. Aulovel5

Aulovel5 TS Member

I had the same problem took it took krieghoff at the grand got an annual done and told them about it they polished the chambers and now works fine all the time

6. Aulovel5

Aulovel5 TS Member

Get the chambers polished if it's only working some of the time that fixed mine

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If you're shooting Rios go no further!!

8. J. Slimmstone

J. Slimmstone Member

Pop out the ejector see if the hole that the ball and spring set into is now oval.

9. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

gads! What do you want for fifteen thousand dollars?

blade819

10. Masterplan

Masterplan TS Member

Thanks all. ( not you blade)
    It just returned from Kreighoff because it broke a hammer. . so I had them go through it.

I'll give them a call and see what they say.

ps gun is 24 yrs young

11. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

It seems that 15k precludes the use of Rio shells both in K and SS guns.... these guns are just too sensitive.

Guy B.

12. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Sometimes the forend lug (on bottom of barrels) can wear slightly after thousands of rounds. This will cause the ejectors to mis-fire. It can easily be corrected. If you are not lightly lubing the front notch in the forend lug as well as the backside of the forend lug as you assemble your gun prior to shooting, then you may eventually suffer the shame of forend lug wear. Likewise, if you are properly lubing the forend lug, you may never have a wear issue.

Also, if you are using some barrels not professionally fitted to the gun (they seem to fit okay, but they really don't) the ejectors will work "hit and miss" until the forend lug on that particular set of barrels is properly fitted to the gun. This is a key step in the process of properly fitting barrels. I had the same problem of hit-and-miss ejector function on a gun I bought at Rock Island Auction. Tim Ward, a Krieghoff trained gunsmith in Brunswick, GA showed me what the problem was, and proceeded to repair it. He did a great job, by the way. (www.gunsmiths.com email: GTWARD@Gunsmithsinc.com 912-342-7063).

Sometimes - not always - a set of barrels in need of further fitting will reveal a noticeable gap around the arc between the forend iron and the front of the receiver when the gun is closed. If you see a gun with that gap, be advised the barrels are not properly fitted to that receiver, even if they seem to work okay. Hope this helps....

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.