1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 with single barrel ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Considering the purchase of a new Krieghoff K-80 for shooting Doubles trap.

Since I already have a Krieghoff KX-5 single-shot...

Is there any reason to get the K-80 as a combo gun with the additional single barrel as opposed to the over/under barrels only ?

2. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Some will say that by getting the combo they only have to know one gun. It's a matter of preference though.

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Hammer, I like the combo idea because you do only need to pack one gun and get used to one like what was said above. The thing that I think is a plus having two guns is just that, there are two guns and when it comes to money type things sometimes having two is better than one. Now what you could do is sale the KX 5 and buy a brand spanking new K 80 trap special o/u (not a combo)with case and all the goodies delivered for around $10,500 the o/u can shoot singles and doubles.

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Can you buy a new TS K-80 combo for $10,500.00 with case del?---Not in my area that I know of---Just wondering----George@SJB---

5. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I didn't think I could confuse you but I did. If you go back and read the whole post you will see where I said a K 80 trap special o/u (not a combo).Sorry for the confusion. Boy do I wish you could buy a K 80 TS combo for $10,500. Well maybe I don't just for resale values.

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I have decided to go the two gun route after trying three different combo's. I found that I could not shoot one or the other of those combo's as well as I could the separate guns. I shoot a KS-5 Special for singles, and a Browning Citori Trap like it was in the box, (Unaltered) for doubles. Jon

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Combos are keen but I, too, like having two guns fitted, tuned, and intended for certain games. That also provides an emergency spare gun if your single barrel fails right in the middle of an event. With raw beginners, I always aim (sorry) them to autos or O/U guns which provide them with a single gun that does all at least until they know better what they want to do in the future without mortgaging the Bentley.....breakemall

8. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

I used to shoot a Ljutic SBT for singles and a really nice browning XT for double. I loved the both. I sold the XT to buy a K80 combo and and only now getting good with the unsingle barrel. Still trying to work out the O/U barrels. All I know is I use to shoot very well with my XT and ljutic. Now I am shooting OK with the unsingle barrel and terrible with the double barrels. I'm have tempted to sell my k80 combo and go back to an XT for doubles and my ljutic for singles. Pluse I'd have about an extra $7K in my pocket and my scores would be better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.