1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 TUBES---QUESTION

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KEYBEAR, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

What is the real constriction of a new K-80 tube number 4 as in full . The barrel is a .740 bore . The book only says number 4-full--number 5-ex full and so on .

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

KEYBEAR using sarge's suggestion a #4 Choke tube is .035 that is the constriction for Full Choke.

Bob Lawless

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Thanks Bob I just measured my number 3 and 4 . With a .740 bore my number 3 choke is .710 and the number 4 choke is .695 ./ So your right ?

KEYBEAR

4. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Keybear, Hope you like the new K-80. I assume it's a Special? Also curious what you think of the trigger. John

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

K gun chart shows:

#1 = Imp. Cyl. = .010"

#2 = Modified = .020"

#3 = Imp. Mod. = .030"

#4 = Full = .035"

Bob Dodd

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

John Well I,v only shot it once and only 150 rounds and then at singles with alot of adjusting . My last 50 singles were good and I think I,m going to like this gun . The triggers are fine I guess you see I shoot a release and I still have pull triggers in the gun and that has been real fun( I set it once ). It is about one pound lighter then my Seitz and I like that . The recoil is very low also the gun is fast but the trigger is slow (alot slower then the Seitz) . If I don,t like this Trap Special after 1000 rounds I will be selling it . It,s a nice trap gun with very nice wood and the high rib is really nice really easy to see the targets fast . But you know at the price it better be nice ???

KEYBEAR

7. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

It has got to be quite a change from the Seitz. Good luck, and let me know how it works out.

John

8. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

sarge I have never shot a Seitz with a pull trigger but I know how fast the Seitz release triggers can be if set up that way . After shooting my Seitz release trigger for five years I tryed a buddys LJutic with a LJutic release and it was very different . Now I,m trying to learn to shoot a pull trigger and just may get it done ??

KEYBEAR

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

KEYBEAR actually according to standard constriction charts .035 is full with a .740 bore .695 is .045 thousands of constriction not .035 it would seem you have a mighty tight Choke.

BTW this is copied right off the Krieghoff web site where it says"

Constrictions for Titanium Choke Tubes (12 gauge)"
    00 = C = Cylinder = .000" constriction
    0 = S = Skeet = .005" constriction
    1 = IC = Improved Cylinder = .010" constriction
    1+ = LM = Light Modified = .015" constriction
    2 = M = Modified = .020" constriction
    2+ = LIM = Light Improved Modified = .025" constriction
    3 = IM = Improved Modified = .030" constriction
    4 = F = Full = .035" constriction
    5 = SF = Super Full = .040" constriction

It doesn't however give any Choke figures for steel Chokes and I have no experience with Titanium. The figure you gave for the Choke you have seem awfully tight to me. I would be very sure of the measurement if I were you. I suspect that if your figures are correct you may have a set of tubes that are not for an over bored barrel

Bob Lawless

PS actually Bob Dodd had the figures correct in his post.

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

If you have a K-80 barrel, look on the left side immediately ahead of the monoblock. There is a number, probably 18.6, which is your unaltered bore size in milimeters. 18.6 m/m is around .732". 18.8 m/m is .740"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.