1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 TS versus K-80 regular

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Aussie Phil, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aussie Phil

Aussie Phil TS Member

Any K-80 TS shooters out there who would be willing to give me some extra advice? I'm interested in hearing from people who moved from a regular K-80 to a TS, both good and bad cases.

email address is up the top - if you can send a phone number for a quick chat that would be great.

Aussie Phil

2. edbon9

edbon9 Member

there is an ATA shoot at livermore this weekend, I'm sure there will
    be some K80 owners there. You can talk to them and see if they'd let
    you look at theirs.. the only guy I knew with a K80TS moved to Utah :)
    apparently he's been letting everyone shoot it and others have bought
    the same model with great results..

edgar

3. magic

magic Member

Phil,

I have both and shoot both. I do like my TS better as it keeps your head up where it belongs. The move between the two was seamless. I still shoot my doubles with the old style though. If I was going to buy a new combo I would stick with the TS since it should hold it value better down the road. I hope this advise helps....

JASON

4. bigben

bigben Active Member

Phil, I own both and shoot both, the stocks are custom and the specs are the same, as Jason said the TS geometry keeps your head erect more easily, should you have a short neck the regular K gun may be more comfortable, I find the TS more comfotable for me as the configuration is very much like the high rib Seitz. shoot both then decide, incinerate em!

5. Jerry Parr

Jerry Parr Member

The K-80 Trap Special is truly the epitome of a target gun in my opinion. My Top Single offers the advantage of a more erect head position with accompanying level eyes found in an unsingle configuration, without the unsingle drawbacks. (One must have tremendous eye discipline to not let your eyes 'fall off' the top of a unsingle and peak through the rib and under the gun. This eye movement destroys distant soft focus and often is not even noticed by the shooter). I found the gun very easy to transition to quickly. The first 100 targets out of the box I broke a 98 from the 27. Sean Hawley found it to be a rewarding transition also. One week after taking delivery of his gun from Pat McCarthy at Dawson's Enterprises, Sean began shooting his Trap Special competitively....he has not missed a doubles target with it and his World Record long run is over 900 straight and COUNTING! Talk about instant love...LOL! As always, anybody that would like to shoot a round with my gun is welcome to. Just ask.....Shoot well...Jerry

6. Jerry Parr

Jerry Parr Member

Sean shoots a Top Single with fixed chokes...I shoot the Titanium .030 tube.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.