1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K 80 TS. RIB QUESTION

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Terminator, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terminator

Terminator TS Member

Hi, just wondering why such a high rib? What is the real advantage over the old style? It certainly dose not look better in my opinion. Also is it the rib that moves or is the barrel that bend when adjusting it?

2. rbwillnj

rbwillnj TS Member

Part of it is fit. I tried both, and the TS just fit me better. It also allows for a more Heads-Up stance which your view of the target.

It's the rib that adjusts, not the barrel. Also, on the O/U, the rib is also adjustable. On the Standard Trap combo, the rib on the O/U barrel is not adjustable. On both versions you can independently adjust the point of aim of the lower barrel by changing the hanger.

If you thing the TS has a high rib, you should see the TS Pro-Rib which they just announced, It has an even higher rib. An Unsingle barrel is supposed to be available in limited quantities this year. The rib alone is supposed to be available next year.

3. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

K80-TS rib moves up and down by turn screw over the muzzle locked by a set screw. P-gun owners thought the K-gun was so strong and well built that even the rib was strong enough to bend the barrel! It might be, but that is not how it works.

High rib allows the shooter's head to have a more natural uprite position when looking for the bird with the gun mounted. Maybe see the bird quicker. With its high ticket cost, it is not for everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.