1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 TRIGGERS .........

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMOKEIT, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Had a problem with my K-80 at a registered shoot yesterday.I have never has a trigger problem during practice but had several trigger problems that cost me trophies-- Bottom barrel miss fired 7 times shooting doubles. It is a double release trigger. I have done some minor work on Perazzi,Browning and kx-5 triggers so I thought I would take a look and see if I could fix it. WHOA! --I never saw such a "mess of mechanism" in my life!
    I gently replaced the stock and made an appointment with my gunsmith...SMOKIT

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I dont think a release is a problem for a local gunsmith is it? Is it a factory release or a local gunsmith release?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

How many rounds thru them? Dave T.

4. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

firing pins need to be adjusted or replaced, take it to a trained Kgunsmith. thanks Ronnie

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Could describe what happened when the bottom barrel misfired. HMB

6. SMOKEIT

Gene--Releases were done by P&P Gunsmiths. Local Gunsmith(Andrew Mcfarlane) was trained at Churchill's and seems to know his stuff. I am tired of shipping hassle and cost for sending guns off to be repaired. I have some reservations but I am going to try Andrew..
    Dave.....I bought the gun used so I don't know how many rounds have been thru it...

7. tj303

tj303 Member

Another possible problem is the stupid little wire that controls the barrel selector breaks. Sometimes the gun will fire and sometimes it won't. Happened to me and another local shooters K-80. Both were fixed at Ottsville.

8. SMOKEIT

HMB, ......
    The firing pin would dimple the primer but not deep enough to fire shell....The dimpled shells fired OK in the top barrel....

9. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

Send it to Ernest Marlette and get it fixed once and for all. He'll do an Annual while he has it. I can recommend.

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

If P&P did releases (always hard to tell with used gun) send one of them the receiver- they are familiar with their work obviously

Regards from Iowa

Gene

11. wolfk80

wolfk80 TS Member

Andrew has worked on my k80. He has worked on other k80's from the club I belong to. I will vouch for Andrew. We're all very satisfied.
    Rich Wolf DFW

12. SMOKEIT

Thanks for the input Rich--I will let you know how it works out--Lloyd Tuggle

13. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Krieghoff will only work on their triggers---You'll have to go to a smith---Best to always carry a spare you have confidence incase of a problem if your in compition---I have two K-guns---One with K triggers and the other with
    Allem triggers---Both will repair in an emergency with prompt turnaround---All you need to do is send the receiver like Gene said---Good Luck---George@SJB---

14. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Should rename your post p&p triggers it's obviously not a Krieghoff problem.

15. high 2

high 2 Member

Can be a few different things. A customer sent me his Crown Grade 32 that Krieghoff Int. had rebuilt about a year or so before that was doing the same thing. After going through the receiver without finding a problem, I checked the headspace and found it to be excessive. Knowing the quality of work turned out by Don and crew at KI I knew there had to be a reason. Questioning my customer, I found out that he had bought a different barrel with sub gauge tubes and put it on the gun. Headspace was perfect on the barrel that he had sent to KI when the gun was rebuilt. Headspace on the other barrel was around 22-1/1000`s. Because it goes on doesn`t mean it FITS. I doubt the release will have any bearing on the problem. Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.