1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 triggers and who???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by capt kirk, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capt kirk

capt kirk TS Member

If you were going to have a release trigger put into a k-80 who would you go with? A Kreighoff factory release, or someone else? And what is the "ballpark" figure to have a release done?

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Capt. I have a set of Allem parts (sans the hammers) and Phil Crenwelge will install tose fo ryou very reasonably.

3. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Kerry Allor in Michigan is the best for my K-80.

Tom Strunk

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If you're looking for the best service on Krieghoff-bar none-send it straight to Ottsville!!

5. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Kerry Allor

6. grandpa3

grandpa3 Member

I've had a few different K-80 releases- for me
    Ernest Marlette is the best

7. TP Express

TP Express TS Member

All of the above have a great track record for K80 trigger work. If you want the BEST release trigger then it is Allems roller release. Besides being as good as any release available in terms of creep, crisp release, consistency, etc. it is technologically superior. It is adjustable by using different size rollers, and is easily converted to pull triggers by you without having to be sent off.

8. three dram

three dram TS Member

FOR RELEASE TRIGGER WORK on any gun including k-guns

Kerry Allor

"simply the best of the best "

bob lee

9. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I AGREE WITH three dram---I have at least 5 release triggers by Allem and they are the best in the east---They guarantee them for life---any problem and they will fix it---To date I have never had a problem---sjb---

10. Maner

Maner TS Member

Ernest Marlette makes the best releases for Krieghoffs period. The factory ones are good if they are installed correctly.

11. GRR

GRR TS Member

Pat's Gun Repair
    Wells, MN
    (507)553-5730

Does excellent work, call for price.

12. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

A properly installed Krieghoff release trigger shouldn't need to be "serviced". One of the best kept secrets is simply the addition of new hammer springs makes the trigger feel crisper again. Krieghoff maintains a set of tolerances that each gunsmith is required to adhere to. If you want it changed or set to you're own personal preference they can easily do it. If you don't know what set and release you require it's best for Ottsville to provide the standard factory settings.

That said, I currently shoot an Allem release while my wife shoots the factory version. She tried an Allem release in her K-80 and hated it so much I was forced to have a new one installed by Ottsville. So far, she's had both her receivers re-converted and is happy again although my pocketbook is considerably lighter!!

13. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

That is the first time I ever heard of a complaint about an Allem release--I have both(factory and Allem)the Allem roller is as smooth as can be---I love my factory release also---I'll bet that someday all release triggers will be some kind of a roller type---They are so easy to adjust to your preference of release---sjb---

14. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pat's Gun Repair Wells, MN (507)553-5730

Does excellent work, call for price.

regards from Iowa

Gene

15. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Allor is an authorized Krieghoff repair shop as well. All do a good job. Depends on who's closet to you..

kemper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.