1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 Trigger Trouble

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by idoc, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idoc

idoc Member

Something happ[ened to my trigger on my K-80 today. Shooting doubles and second barrel doesn't go off. Lower barrel will not engage. when I close the gun and don't fire then open it again, the bottom ejecter pops up. Bottom barrel won't fire. Any ideas.............Rich

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Selector pin, pear or spring. Pear hangs up under the lower barrel sear and fails to select. Minor problem!!

3. k80jim

k80jim Member

If it is an older K80 you might have the little "safety pin type" springs. These are very cheep to buy and should be changed every year to be safe. But will last for years sometimes. They are easy to change. If you remove the stock you will see two little springs that look like you took a safety pin and cut it about 1/4" above circle on both legs. They bent the ends at 90 deg. I even used a safety pin one time and did that. It worked to get us buy but had a little heavy trigger. The springs are different so there is a left and right. It has to do with how the springs turn in or out to clear inside. If you look and see the good one you will know how to fit the other one. If yours is the later one with coil springs. I think you should send it off for service. You almost never hear of trigger problems with this type. Don't hold me to this, as I am not a gun smith. But I think the trigger changes were done in the 20,000 range of serial numbers. I know for a fact if you are in the 14k 15k range they are the older springs. And I had a gun in the 20K range that had the new triggers. You can have them updated but have to send them back to Krieghoff. Jim

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Also take the fore end off and check the ejector hammer for the lower barrel. HMB

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Also take off the buttstock and see if you have a broken hammer!!

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

But it might be as simple as the selector switch has migrated to the center a little- make sure it is all the way over and preferrably locked

Gene

7. K-80 GUY

K-80 GUY TS Member

Best bet is the axle. Usually $120-$135.00, about an hours work.

Jon.

8. PhCr

PhCr Member

It sounds like a broken hammer to me,I dont think it is the axle. If it is a hammer it is under warranty for parts and labor for 5 years and older than 5 years is the part but not the labor also goes for the axle and ejector. Kreighoff can do the work or any warranty station can do it to. If you would like to send it to me I can fix it for you or you can send it to someone else but dont let them charge you for parts that are covered under warranty.

Phillip Crenwelge

210-313-5988

9. idoc

idoc Member

Thanks for all the info folks. It is an older model that was completely gone over in the spring in Pa when I purchased it. It was shot very little. Right before it happened I was playing with the barrel selector. In fact I had left it on top barrel first by mistake. When it happened I pulled the trigger and the top barrel fired When I pulled the trigger again nothing happened (It wouldn't set for the second barrel (lower)) There was a small dent in the primer almost like it would have doubled if it went just a bit further. I figure it has to go back to Pa but sunday is the Christmas shoot at our little club and......
    appreciate all tour time...........Rich

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

Phillip gave the best possibility. Many above gave common reasons that would prevent the bottom barrel from shooting but thy omitted the fact that ejector pops up when the bottom barrel has not fired.

I recommend a gunsmith who is familiar with K-80 repair.

Pat Ireland

11. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think it is the barrel selector- move it all the way to one side and lock it in place

It could be a hammer, or axel or the front pin in the trigger but

From the symtoms and now from you talking about fooling with the barrel selector-0 I am even more convinced it MIGHT be the selector was in the middle somewhere- which causes exactly what happened

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

k-80 trouble shooting

k80 trigger problem