1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

k-80 Trigger Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by j2jake, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Notice in the picture that the third cross pin down has the retaining clip missing. This is a frequient occurance with this receiver. I had it worked on by the KGun folks at the Grand this year. As you see it still kicks the retainers off. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and what the fix might be. Thanks for looking, Jake (Picture a little fuzzy, best my camera will do)

2. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Sir, if you contact Ernest Marlette At 336-456-1818 he can fix Your K-80. He is the "BEST" K-Gun man around. JMO Joe joe90t

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Thanks Joe, I'll call him tomorrow. Will make the wife happy as it's her gun. Jake

4. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Those SIR clips need to be installed with the opening facing forward so the wood doesn't dislodge them.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Actually if the wood is tight it can dislodge in either direction- but it is better as Kemper stated to have them forward

Which K people at the grand? Krieghoff International or someone else? Did you take it to them or someone told you about it?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

As stated above, clips should be installed opening forward. The wood can dislodge the clips.

KI will send clips. Ask for Braxton in Service. He makes things happen.

7. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I had the same trouble until I had them all drilled and put a small wire in them. Never happened again.
    Don

8. beaker100

beaker100 Member

bruce bowen, 100 straight products, makes the pins drilled for the wire.bruces # is (605)490-1139. doug hubbart gunsmith

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Lots of good info, thanks Guys, Krieghoff International worked on it at the Grand, they clearenced it also thinking the wood was the cause. I gave some additional clearence as the clips came off again. Will contact Bowen for the drilled pins. Jake

10. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Doug Hubbart repaired mine. Drill the pins and hitch pin them. Problem solved.

11. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Jake,
    Clips, in general, have a correct side facing the thrust force. When the clip is stamped. prior to heat treat, one side will have sharp edges and the other side will have the edges slightly rounded. placing the clip on incorrectly makes it more prone to slipping off. Ask any transmission or rear differential tech. The safety wire mentioned above seems like the best bet.

I trust you did not mess with S's gun just so that you could beat her (LOL). Hice shooting over the weekend but I got all the money (Calcutta). Flagler is having a shoot on the 15th. Always enjoy the Jax group. Marc

12. B.C.

B.C. Member

Drilled pins only way to go, carry over from the Release Style ! B.C.

13. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Spoke with Bruce Bowen, he has a kit to replace all the pins. He also took the time to instruct me on the proper procedure to replace the pins. That is super customer service! Thanks Bruce, Jake

14. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Joe, that is the same pin we have been having trouble with. The kit Bruce sells is to replace all the pins. Sarah shoots alot, she can tell when the retainer has come off. Will let you know how the replacement pin and retainers work out. Jake

15. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

You would think a gun in this price range would be near fool proof?

16. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

jkeg80,When the clip comes off the rod works its way out. Then the trigger will sometimes bind. I kept suggesting that maybe she was ready for a release, she kept telling me to check her gun. Upon checking, sure enough the pin had moved.

G4AV8R,Should have tried the glue trick. Did something similar on my buddies 3200. UGH!

Recieved the pin kit from 100 straight products (Bruce Bowen) today. I'm sure this is gonna do the trick. Nice stuff!

1oldtimer, I agree. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.