1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 trap special un-single or top single

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smoke-um, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

Pros and cons un-single or top single pro rib or standard trap special rib?

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

unsingle, they look better.

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I was in possession of a Krieghoff demo with Pro-Rib for the last two weeks. Most shooters who tried it had nothing but good things to say. Great visibility and very low recoil. One shooter said he felt he could shoot that one all day without fatigue.

Two shooters, myself included, had some difficulty. One couldn't hit a thing and I felt it contributed to my cross-dominance issue. That may have been a stock fit problem. All in all, it was well received and I wish I had more time with it!!

4. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I had the fortunate pleasure of shooting a K-80 TS triple combo. I shot all three barrels for 1 year. With no recoil reducer I found that the Top-single had more felt recoil than the Un-single. The Un-single took me awhile to stop canting. Both in practice and many stock adjustments I was able to correct that. In the end, for more than one reason, I sold the Top-single and have been shooting the Un-single with great scores. Now I liked the look of the Top-single better but I couldn't get the POI high enough for my shooting and the Pro-rib wasn't available at that time.. I think if you go with the Un-single, a adjustable pad is a requirement to get the canting under control. Enjoy. Dave T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.