1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 trap special trigger problems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kgun_shooter, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

To all you K-80 trap special owners out there, about a month ago my trigger broke on my gun and I sent it to Krieghoff and they fixed it. I notice now that the trigger is starting to get stiff again and it's not consistent in terms of poundage. Has anyone else here had problems with there K-80 and does anybody know if this is a defect with the Trap Special.

Thanks in advance

2. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

To all you K-80 trap special owners out there, about a month ago my trigger broke on my gun and I sent it to Krieghoff and they fixed it. I notice now that the trigger is starting to get stiff again and it's not consistent in terms of poundage. Has anyone else here had problems with there K-80 and does anybody know if this is a defect with the Trap Special.

Thanks in advance

3. tj303

tj303 Member

I believe the trigger is the same as standard K-80.

4. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I was cleaning my receiver with brake cleaner and it started getting a little stiff when opening and closing the gun. I use a very high quality synthetic grease on all parts of the gun where the barrel and forend meet the receiver so I knew that was not the problem.

Last June while I was at the California state shoot I talked to a Kreighoff trained gunsmith there about this. His name is Dan Lammers. He told me I was washing out the grease inside of the receiver with the brake cleaner. I had him do a service on the receiver, which replaces certain springs and lubes all the proper parts. It has worked perfectly ever since. The best way to clean your receiver is to soak it in a container of kerosene, and then brush off any unwanted residue. You can either let it air dry or blow it off with air pressure.

Could this be your problem ? My trigger man is Kerry Allor, I use release triggers. Hope this helps.

Tom Strunk

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I have over 50,000 through my K-80 and never a hint of a problem. But I have an annual done every year at the Grand.

Don

6. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

I second Tom's recommendation of Kerry Allor, none better IMHO. Call him, he can fix it. Even if it's free from Krieghoff it's too expensive of a gun and time consuming to mess with, let Kerry fix it right and be done with it. Harv Shell

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I would reccomend that a couple of times a year- you take your receiver and spray it with break cleaner- inside and let it dry

then hold it and spray with rem oil - and then lay that on a paper towel- dry the outsides-

Put the grease of your choice on just the bearing points inside and reassemble

You can even do that at a range on a table when you are at a shoot

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.