1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 Trap Barrel Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bentbarrel, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bentbarrel

bentbarrel TS Member

Get the trap barrel you want. Try it with your present stock setup. May work for you and may not. Then if you need get a Trap stock, likely get one w/adjustable comb.
    You can get some not so pretty wood, but good trap stocks for $300+-. Keep a eye on Ebay, their are always some there, but beware, some are not finished though.

My neihbor has a K-80 with a sporting stock, 30" with tubes and can shoot trap very well with it.

Gary

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Depending on how you handle the recoil of trap shooting, you may want to consider a PFS. It will allow the change in height as well as all the adjustments you will ever need.

JON

3. tj303

tj303 Member

You don't need an Unsingle to shoot trap, but they look cool.
    I shoot a K-80 similiar to yours, 30" with a 30" carrier barrel. It orginally had a sporting stock which was to low for me, replaced the stock with an adjustable trap stock. Just take out the skeet chokes and put in improved modified and full chokes to switch games. Good luck

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I use my Combo with an Unsingle barrel for Singles and Caps, and a 30" tubed Flat rib barrel for Dubs, Skeet, Bunker, Sporting and everything else. Both barrels work fine without any stock adjustment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.