1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 standard rib unsingle price question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GiesJ, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GiesJ

GiesJ Member

I've been trying to find a used, factory choked, K-80 unsingle (34") and am having a heck of a time. Other than DuPont, I can't seem to find one. I see some on here but they are usually the older style with the 'ribs' for lack of a better term near the muzzle, factory fixed choke or Briley choked. DuPont wants ~$4k for a used barrel.

Am I being unrealistic in expecting to be able to find this barrel around the $2.5k mark?

Another question - is a better route to buy a used K80 unsingle (full gun)? It seems that receivers go for about $3k, stock is $500-$1k and an O/U barrel for $2.5 - $3k. Going price for K80 used combo is ~$6-8k. That means that if I did the work of breaking it up and selling, I can almost get the barrel for nothing.

I'm trying to make my Model 32 into a combo and, I'm trying to do it on the cheap. If I could afford a K80, I would have gone that route. Bottom line, are my expectations unrealistic in finding an unsingle barrel for less than what I paid for my Model 32 with upgraded 80 wood and a K80 gold trigger?

Thanks for your input, sorry if this has been posted previously, I could not find much.

2. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Give Karl Hampel a call at 231-946-5485 or his cell 813-728-3957 and tell him "Moe" sent you.He has a couple sets reasonably priced.

3. GR8Guns

GR8Guns TS Member

GiesJ,

DuPont currently has a few (new never fired) 34" Full Tapered Step Rib 12 ga. K-80 Unsingle fixed full choke barrels for under $3,000.

These particular Unsingle barrels come equipped with the old style ejector, that's really the only difference as you can adjust the rib up/down to change the POI.

A new 34" Full Tapered Step Rib 12 ga. K-80 Unsingle Barrel with the newer ejector is `$5,000 and ~$5,500 for a new Unsingle with choke tubes.

The following link reflects duPont's current inventory of used barrels for sale: http://www.halkguns.com/preowned_detail.cfm?g_ID=51

Good luck and hope this helps you in your search!

Bruce

4. gll

gll Member

i hae one for sale on this site for a long time for 1650..you could have sent it to wrights for chokes and still came out cheaper...

5. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

my dad tried to buy one of those $3000 barrels from dupont about 3 months ago, they told him they were all gone and they would never have them at that price again.

6. GiesJ

GiesJ Member

GLL - the 'fins' or 'ribs' on the end of the muzzle give me fits (catch my eye) or I would be all over your barrel. Very fair price and nice condition.

Thanks for the PMs, I have responded. I still prefer a tubed barrel and, factory at that is preferred. Having said that, the only one I have been able to find with factory chokes is DuPont and just shy of $4k.

I appreciate the responses and input. Seems like I have called just about everyone I can find that stocks something K-gun. It does seem, based on some info here and PMs, that I should be able to find this barrel for ~2k +/-$500.

Regards,

7. Diamond Bruce

Diamond Bruce Member

Have 34" unsingle factory fix choke factory ported nice cond. Shoots very well I just prefer top single so not that much use. New style ejectors 21000 number.
    It's unmolested as far as I know. 2400.00 or offer.
    pm me if intrested.

8. gll

gll Member

you cant see the fins on the end or the barrel when its on the gun all you see is the ramp amd the beads//..

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Maybe you could just buy a new collar w/ out the fins and install it?

10. GiesJ

GiesJ Member

Still can't seem to come across anything that is factory choked; are they that rare?
    Thanks for the input and PMs.
    jason

11. sts1100

sts1100 Member

By factory shoked, I assume you are looking for a barrel with factory screw in chokes? You are trying to make your k 32 into a combo, do you already have an o/u barrel with tapered step rib with factory screw in chokes?

I suspect that there will be some for sale at the end of the shooting season.

12. GiesJ

GiesJ Member

sorry, a bit of terminology to learn. yes, looking for factory, screw in chokes. I had a gentlemen contact me with that but the old style screw on ejector. Did they have much trouble with that style?

13. sts1100

sts1100 Member

Not if you can operate a screwdriver, some people had issues cross threading the screws when they were removed for cleaning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.