1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 SPORTING w/ TUBES FOR SALE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Prescott Gene, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

This K-80 Sporting model has less that 5000 rounds shot through it. 28" choke tube barrels with 6 tubes (F,IM,M,IC,SK,SK). 98%+ condition.

Also includes Kolar AAA tubes sets for the 3 sub gauges. Each set has 4 choke tubes (M,IC,SK,SK). The tube sets are brand new.

Also comes with new Nasco Case from Kolar.

$9500 plus shipping. Either reply to this post or email me at the above addy (remove the X's) for more info. I will ship from my local FFL to your local FFL, after cashiers check clears.

Prescott Gene (AKA Gene Ricci)

<a href="http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii44/flodorgene/?action=view&current=K80Sporting007.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii44/flodorgene/?action=view&current=K80Sporting008.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii44/flodorgene/?action=view&current=K80Sporting004.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

3. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

4. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

5. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

comments???

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

since you asked for comments, i'd say your about 3k to $3500 overpriced. 28" barrels are a hard sell to begin with, just about EVERYONE wants 30" or longer for skeet now (call any of the major dealers and see how many 28" guns they sell compared to 30"). Metal is fairly old, I'd guess '82-'85 by the engraving pattern. Non factory adjustable comb is also going to hurt the value. LIST price brand new from Pacific Sporting Arms for this gun would be $10420 with tubes, in either 28" or 30", and i'd guess out the door price would be 8-10% less than list. Guns in similar condition, this vintage, and condition can be readily found in the $6000 to $6500 range.

7. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

I appreciate the input. I bought the gun new around 1990 and that was the stock that came with it. I'm not too sure what the age of the metal has to do with value. As far as price goes, duPont has a couple of K-80's in my vintage for $6500 -$7000 each w/o tubes and a tube set with carrier barrels for $9000. List price for this gun from duPont is $10,600 without the Kolar Tubes at $1700 which makes a total of $12,300. I may be a bit high but this gun has seen very little use. When I shoot skeet, I have a 4 barrel K-32 San Remo Grade. This gun has sat in the safe for most of it's life. Thank you again for the input.

I am open to reasonable offers.

Gene

8. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Gene, What Skeet man said is accurate in my opinion. He may be generous in his value estimate. The subgauge tubes are like most other after market additions to a gun, they add little value unless you are lucky enough to find some one that really wants them. That gun is considered old and K has made a number of improvements over the years. To give you a reality check on 28" barrels, at the last Grand in Vandalia I bought a k80 w/ case w/ the 28" barrels that hardly had been shot and it was made in the late 90's. The purchase was from a well known big dealer for $5000 and he was very happy I bought it as he couldn't sell it.

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

what dupont sells guns for and what they can be sold by other people for are two different stories

skeet man is right-- it you wanted a quick sale you would be at 5000- if you want to wait- you might get 6

the age of the metal matters -- from a consumer perspective-

from a functional perspective- the age of the metal doesnt matter

the redish stock doesnt help either

regards from the great state of Iowa

Gene

10. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

I appreciate the input. There was a question from one of the members in an email that asked about this gun being a lightweight model. I seem to recall that they did have problems with that receiver made of aluminum. I am not sure how to tell if this is a lightweight model as it is only marked as Sporting, has a tapered rib and a magnet sticks to the receiver. By the way, the serial number is in the 21,4xx range.

I appreciate the comments on the 28" barrels also. I am primarily a trap shooter and there are many west coast shooters on this board that know me. I seem to recall some stories about skeet shooters going for longer barrels.

I am not a gun trader. In the 25+ years that I have heavily shot competition trap, I have only shot 4 guns. A Beretta 680, 2 Perazzi Grand Americans and currently shoot a K-80 that I have had for 10 years, so I don't keep up on the values very much. I suppose that I should have posed the question as to value before I offered this for sale.

Any more info that could be provided would be appreciated.

Thanks again, Gene

11. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

its steel if the magnet sticks

I would say the value if you dont mind holding on to it for the right buyer is probably $6500

Gene

12. A Sparks

A Sparks Member

21,4 = 1990

FYI: I just bought a 1999 K 80, 32" w/choke tubes and Briely Revolution tube set all in mint condition for $6400.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.