1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 Special W/Pro Rib Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mooney, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mooney

mooney Member

Any one out there shooting the K-80 Trap Special W/Pro Rib? I am thinking of getting one in the near future and would appreciate any input; likes, dislikes, best place to purchase.

Thanks,
    Mooney
    Glenn Wedding

2. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

Purchased one last May and my scores immediately went up due to the "heads up" style of shooting it promotes. I got the Unsingle but I have heard excellent comments on the top single also - either one will be fine depending on your shooting style.

Nothing to dislike about it other than the price but if you shop around, there are used BARGAINS out there right now - I would not buy a brand new one if I had cash and did not need to worry about a trade-in gun.

Another consideration would be the Kolar Max T/A which is also a high rib gun, a little less expensive, but still very nice. And you can go to Kolar and have a custom stock fitted which is a huge benefit.

Also, if you shoot a release trigger and buy a K-80, be sure to use Krieghoff parts and not the aftermarket stuff - it cost me $750 to find out the hard way!! Good luck!

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.