1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 RT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Engravr55, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Engravr55

Engravr55 TS Member

I'm thinking about buying a K-80 with removable triggers. I've been told by a member of my trap club that these guns had problems and that's why Krieghoff no longer makes them. Is anyone in the forum familiar with these guns? Can you tell me what the specific problem or problems are? Can they be fixed?
    Thanks, Brian

2. bigben

bigben Active Member

Brian, I have both the k-80 RT and regular k-80, both hi-grades and I will tell you my RT trigger is the best, no problems, EVER! have had four at on time and sold them only because the people who shot them wanted them, a friend of mine had one with a documented 134,600 rounds through it, no problems either! the rt has in my opinion the best crisp no slack trigger action surpassed only by the Silver Seitz and Bowen, though not by much, substantially better than my P-guns, try it -you'll buy it! Shootem is right on with his experience , as with many opinions on different subjects on this site, hear-say prevails the most rather than factual documented experience. incinerate em!

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

They are good guns with the below understanding:

Different buttstocks - they dont interchange but the forearms and barrels do with other K80s or K32s

There is a feeling that the design of the trigger was hurried and didnt facilitate a good release being installed. There have been a lot of reports of problems with release triggers

If you are a pull trigger shooter - none of that matters

Some release trigger shooters havent reported any problems = but remember what a high volume shooter finds and what someone that only shoots now and then finds may be different.

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Joe Charnigo from Ohio has a 98.00 doubles average for the year with his.

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

one of my friends is a top gunsmith on krieghoff, he said stay away from the RT trigger.

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I believe Norbert was the only 'smith at Krieghoff qualified to work on the RT's. He has left the fold!!

7. bbadini

bbadini TS Member

I have a K-80 RT combo and have never had problems with the trigger. I use a pull trigger. I have been told that the problem with the RT is that the trigger, when converted to a release, is not reliable.

8. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

bbadini is correct. Setting of the release triggers are critical and precise. I called Kreighoff and this was confirmed.
    It is every bit as reliable as a non-removable trigger. If you are a pull trigger shooter, you can get a K gun at a great price.
    Dave

9. Shaker

Shaker Member

As an RT owner and shooter I'd like to make a few comments regarding the gun. My release triggers are not working properly. I bought the gun used and didn't shoot any doubles for probably three months after the purchase date and found out on the line that I had all kind of problems. The second shot wouldn't fire and I'm not sure what the reason is. I stopped using the gun for doubles (I hardly shot them anyway) and just concentrated on singles and caps. I removed the triggers and cleaned them (not that there was much dirt or debris to be found)thoroughly and tried to shoot again, but after a few successful shots the triggers (second shot) stopped working again. I converted the gun to a sporter and ordered a set of pull/pull triggers and they fit and work flawlessly. BTW, the folks in Ottsville, PA told me the gun is discontinued (several years ago) and do not even have trigger groups available for them. I like the gun and will eventually have the release trigger group fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

k-80 rt

k-80 rt problems
k80 rt