1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 rib question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ted K., Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

I know that the K-80 Trap Special has a high rib. I understand that the K-80 Pro rib has a higher POI than the Special. The question is whether the Pro rib is physically higher (giving a more head-up position than the Special) or is it the same height as the Special with a different POI?

Anybody know?

Thanks.

Ted K.

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

It is .050 lower in the front and .125 higher in the rear. That's how they achieve the 120% POI.
    Hope this helps;
    Roy

3. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Roy-

An eighth of a inch higher at the rear of the rib isn't really going to put my head in a different place, which is exactly what I wanted to know.

Thanks much.

Ted K.

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

No it wouldn't. You would have to raise the comb considerably. Then the gun would shoot higher. You could raise the rib up for a lower POI in the front and raise the comb till you achieved your POI.with a higher heads up position. Depends on how high you want the gun to shoot.
    You might be better off looking at the Kolar Max Ta. I had one and it was higher in the back than the Krieghoff. I owned the Trap Special also.
    I am back with my old Perazzi MX10RS now. Just always shot it better. I liked both the Kolar and the Krieghoff. Hope this helps, Roy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.