1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 Receiver And Iron - What Should A Person Pay?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rebel Sympathy, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Howdy, Boys:

I'm still shooting K-32 guns - and probably always will, but am starting to think of buying a K-80 receiver and iron for a "put-together-project". Not trying to cheat a widow, but wanting to get a good deal. What would that be $$$$? Early K-80 (logo) gun: How much? Later K-80 (above 25XXX) How much? I'm talking about a nice receiver - NOT something that is shot to hell and is wore out on the standing breech from the ejectors and shell-grooved around the firing pins.

Much obliged for your opinions.

Mike

2. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

$4500 to $6500. Good luck.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

$2777-3777 give or take a little for wear or for no wear-- those are prices for logo- good condtion and 25XX for good condition receivers

good condition to me means visible wear is at a minimum and parts appropriate to the age of the receiver and minimal wear on those parts

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Rebel Sympathy

Geeze, Slowdp: I asked and I accept your input as trying to help. However, I have a buddy who has bought two complete guns (iron, wood and 12-ga barrel) for amounts in that range. Maybe he just got exceptional deals???? Mike

5. Rebel Sympathy

Thank you, Gene. That is sort of what I was thinking, although I'll round down them $777's to $500's. Again thanks. Mike

6. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Early logo guns are right in the lower brackets. Later models with very little wear is a bit higher. $4500 is closer for a standard K80 in the later design without the logo but with wear. There was supposedly some changes in the design when they left the logo. I have both types and do not see problems in the logo units.

Even the units with wear are rather good. Most of the K80's i have seen have more wear than they are advertised as having unless they are very high grade units that got kept in a safe.

I like the units with wear. Someone else has already fought them and got them where they open without a lot of extra effort.

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Newish (<5 years old) typically sell for $4250 to $4500 (heck, I've seen barely fired very recent mfg receivers/irons sell on here for $4200). Older scroll receivers sell for $3500 to $4000, depending on exact age and condition. Logo receiver you're talking more in the $2500 to $2700 range.

8. Rebel Sympathy

Good points, slowdp. Much to ponder here for me....

Mike

9. Rebel Sympathy

Thanks, Skeet_man. This is the kind of info I need. Much obliged.

Mike

10. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

I just sold a late 90's one for 3900 it had a gold top latch and nickel pins. So a standard one no would expect 3300-3800 late 90's to 02 area

11. buster45

buster45 Active Member

Hi Mike

I may have what your looking for. I am thinking about buying or trading for a Perazzi DB81. I have a K80 Super Scroll factory double releases. 32" barrel with Titanium hanger. This is my regular Sporting Clays gun. I would consider selling or parting out. If you are interested let me know.

Thanks Buster

12. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Ck the price of the one from SmokinTN just put on the site. It is in the proper range & looks good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.