1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 Pro Sporter or Perazzi MX 2000-MX8

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gousgouni, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gousgouni

gousgouni TS Member

I am getting ready to buy a new one and I am torn between the two(or three). I am told the K-80 is a tank and it holds value better. I am also told the K gun has much better customer service in case you need it. I also saw that most of the Olympic shooters shoot Perazzis. I have shot both and love both. The K-80 is heavy but smooth and the P guns are faster and livelier.
    I am going to shoot 80% sporting clays and 20% trap and skeet. Please help if you can. I do not want to make the wrong decision and have spent all that money for a new gun.

2. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

If you are buying new, you can have both guns made to the exact weight, length, stock dimensions, etc. I would suggest that you learn exactly what you want if you are going to buy new. I didn't know my dimensions but I did know what felt right when I bought my Perazzi new. Now if I were to order another one I would be able to tell them exactly what I want.

Shoot as many as you can and find out what barrel lengths and what barrel weights work best for you. Also I think the rib on that K80 Pro Sporter is quite a bit taller than a standard MX8? Perhaps you should be comparing an adjustable rib MX2000/3 to the Pro Sporter?

3. gousgouni

gousgouni TS Member

4. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Maybe you should consider an AMERICAN made KOLOR !!!!!!! Joe joe90t

5. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Aside from considering other guns, you might buy a used gun in good condition. You will save a bunch of money. The trick is having enough experience to know what you are buying and whether or not it is a good deal.

6. rwtii

rwtii Member

The guns feel different when you shoot them. At the World Fitasc recently there were factory reps from Blaser, Kreighoff, CT shotgun, Kolar and a Perazzi dealer or two. All it took to shoot them was a drivers license. Krieghoff is coming out with a new gun that is lighter than a standard K80. If you are going to shoot 80% sporting and 20% trap you may want an adjustable rib. That can be had on both P & K guns as well as Blasers. Another choice is a new A10 from CT shotgun. It feels like an SO5. What are you shooting now? Latin guns like P guns and Berettas are generally ligher and and more lively than the german guns. Are you going to get a custom stock, available from Perazzi factory or an adjustable stock, german guns. Parallel comb or monter carlo? The german makers seem to be trying to make their guns lighter and livelier, like italian guns. If you buy a good used gun, and don't like it you won't get hurt when selling it.

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

My MX-8 sporter weighs 9.5 pounds, my Blaser weighs 10.25 pounds but I have 5 oz of Blaser weights added to the stock and barrel. I owned a K-80, but it didn't feel as good as the P and B guns.

With the P-gun make sure you understand the different types of weights on the barrels. I've seen more light weight barrels for sale than the heavier. I like the weight adjustment system on the Blasers.

To each his own. Buy used, then move up to new when you know what you like.

8. gousgouni

gousgouni TS Member

I currently shoot a custom Cole Beretta 391. A good friend bought a brand new K-80 pro sporter about four months ago and I have used it quite a bit. It is heavy but it swings non stop. Love the high rib. I tried a Perazzi MX 2000 and it felt like a dream. Then I started hearing about loose ribs on P guns, very bad customer service, if you buy a P gun and cut the length to fit you I was told that you forfit your warranty. Also I was told that the P gun trigger spring breaks and that is why most P gun owners have a second trigger group. This is why I am confused. I like the feel of the Perazzi more but I want a gun that I can trust it will last and work properly and have a great support from the factory if I ever need it. If you have any experiences with any of the above, please tell me.

9. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

I started with a Comp 1, went to an MX8 and now have an MX2000/3. My reasons for changing are different than yours, but suffice to say that I know what I like. Which in the end is exactly it, what do you like? As for P gun trigger springs, I get one failure around 10,000 rounds or so. Takes me about 3 minutes to change it and I'm back to work. Two people touch my gun, call me fussy. Dan Loker at Giacomo and Lucio at Perazzi. Both are exceptional and also have excellent customer service.

my two cents.

HJH

10. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Perazzi, have two triggers, one fails swap and go! Can't do that with Kgun. If you like fit and feel of Perazzi you can't go wrong. Just my thoughts. Jake

11. P-Stick

P-Stick Member

Sent you a PM.

12. fortycaliberglock

fortycaliberglock Member

I switched from an MX-8 to a K-80. Both are excellent guns. I will say one thing about Perazzi though, Perazzi USA service is wretched, horrible, non-existent. Just try getting someone to answer the phone. I haven't yet interacted with Krieghoff's service in PA but understand they are very good.

13. gousgouni

gousgouni TS Member

I want to thank all of you for your input. I hope I did not pester anyone. I thought that it was a great way to get some expert input a d help for my decision.
    Thanks again

14. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

My MX8 Sporter is 8.5 pounds and my K80 Sporter is a couple oz heavier. The Perazzi feels much livelier even with a 34" barrel vs the 32" barrel on the K80.
    Top shooters shoot both guns so you need to try both to see what you like best. At the end of the day its the Indian not the arrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

difference between perazzi mx8 and mx2000

differences bettwen kreighoff and perazzi

k 80 krieghoff or peraxz mx8

k 80 vs mx 8

krieghoff vs perazzi for sporting clays

mx8 vs mx2000
perazzi high rib sporter for sporting clays
perazzi mx8 trap vs perazzi mx2000 trap