1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 Pro Sporter and Blaser F3 Super Sport...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Slugo, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slugo

Slugo Member

now it's time to test drive a CG Summit Impact. I much preferred the Blaser to the K-80. More infinite adjustments and better balanced IMHO. Prefer a 30" gun for the ability to shoot all three games. The CG Impact reports have been very positive by all accounts.

[​IMG]

Any comments!?!

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I am having the 34" inch Impact "T" O/U Bbls fitted to my gun as I write this.
    I hope to get it back so I can shoot the Ohio STATE SHOOT, with it.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

I think tge k80 is a better made gun. But it costs more and doesn't "work" for everyone. I've shot a blaser recently and I'd look real hard at it. My CG was a sporting model and it was nice but I had a couple of issues w/it. If I didn't have a k80 I'd buy a blaser super trap. But it boils down to what you want and what shoots for you.
    Jimmy

4. Slugo

Slugo Member

I shoot trap the least. I'm primarily a sporting clays shooters with just enough skeet to keep my timing in order...

5. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I had a Blaser super trap and now have a K 80 trap special. Not saying anything bad about the Blaser but they are not in the same league as a K 80.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

All the adjustment capabilities of the Blaser are useless unless you take the time to experiment and determine what works best. Few shooters have enough knowledge or patience to do so. They want the gun to shoot great right out of the box. After all the weight adjustments, my Blaser now weighs 10.50 pounds.

I owned a K-80 combo for 7 years. I now shoot a Seitz and a Blaser super trap for doubles, and my scores have gone up. The K-80 was not capable of shooting my high POI without looking down a "ski slope" on the rib, and I questioned if the POI "wondered" when the gun got hot.

This not meant to be a slam towards the K-80. Everyone has different POI's, and "feels" when it comes to new guns. Personally, I think the Blaser competes equally with the K-80 in quality and design, and has more long term positives when it comes to service and replacement of parts if needed.

But, all those adjustabilities are too complicated for some shooters

Time will tell the story of the Blaser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
blaser f3 ss or k 80 pro sporter

blaser f3 super sport reviews

blaser f3 supersport review

blaser f3 supersporter forum and comments
blaser f3 vs k80
blaser f3 vs krieghoff
blaser supersport f3 vs summit impact