1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

%% K-80 Pro Rib Eye Candy %%

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Hello Again,

The following Krieghoff is a Pro Rib Combo that has been made from American Black Walnut provided by Ernie Ross. The gun features a Soft Touch recoil system that was requested by the customer. The stock features the finger grips and high comb to accomidate the Pro Rib stlye. I hope the customer likes his new stock and we wish him much success. My thanks to The Crew and my wife Cindy for all the hard work they provide. As always thank you for taking a look.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

How much weight does a beautiful stock like that add to the gun from the original stock.

3. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Great work Mr Devault. Is there any chance of getting a photo from the butt to see the lean over comb?

4. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

My guess would be that Dennis works hard to preserve the balance of the gun. I don't think he would go thru all the effort to make such beautiful pieces and forget about actually shooting them.

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I've seen coffee tables with less wood, but very nice.

6. Diamond Bruce

Diamond Bruce Member

These are the stocks that realy makes the K-80 trap special and other guns preform. A special thanks to Dennis and his crew for making these coffee tables for us.

Bruce

7. Dennis DeVault

The only additional weight on the gun that was additional from the original pattern is the Soft Touch devise. That would be weight that will be added no matter what stock it was installed on. I hope that the owner shoots it very well and with great comfort.

Dennis DeVault

8. Dennis DeVault

To Aussie Dan,

Below is the view of the stock from the back that you requested. Thank you for the inquiry. The thing that makes this stock look so large is the cut in the comb. We always cut the comb as deep as possible so that if there are any adjustments to be made the shooters face stays on the comb and they do not feel the ridge from the cut line.

Dennis DeVault

[​IMG]

9. Daddy Pat

Daddy Pat TS Member

That's my gun and thank you Dennis for posting the pictures, I can't wait to shoot it. Hopefully, I can shoot it as good as it looks!
    Pat Bilbrough

10. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Thank you Dennis for taking the time to put up that photograph. It shows in greater detail the about of shaping work that you guys put in, not to mention the thickness of the piece of beautiful timber must have been to start with.

Your crew should feel very proud each time something goes out the shop door.

11. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Dennis, If you keep putting these great photos on here for me to drool over, I will undoubtably cave.

That is one pretty piece of wood.

Rick in MT

12. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

Dennis

I would appreciate it if you would post a picture of a laminated stock
    that you have done ?

thank you,

ernie

13. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Here is a pic of a laminate stock dennis duplicated for me. I can take more pics if you want. Dennis is also working on another laminate stock for my bt-99 right now. I'm very excited to see it when he has it done.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Thats a lot of stock on a pump gun. Can you show the whole gun. I would like to see the rib on the whole length of the barrel.

15. Beretta Young Gun

Here is a pic of the rib on the barrel. BYG
    [​IMG]

16. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Speechless..;)

17. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

That is some rib. For some reason I didn't think it would be that hight in the front. But if it works for you. Use it.

18. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Wow...you can shoot these guns from the hip and still keep your face on the comb.

19. Beretta Young Gun

With that rib set flat on top of a 60/40 poi gun it will shoot 48" high at 40 yards. Rigyt now I have it set at about 90/10. A lot of people have tried to shoot my gun. Most can't even get there head up high enough to get on the comb. Others can't stand to hold it up. For me it fits like a glove and shoots like a dream. BYG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt-99 high rib