1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 Owner

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OVBILL, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OVBILL

OVBILL TS Member

Just wondering how many do or don't "LOCK THE SAFETY IN THE ‘OFF’ POSITION"

Got mine back from an annual service and the safety now is set back to active, and it was locked, is this Krieghoff policy

I locked it out last year, because during a shoot it started raining and while wiping it down between shots, I unknowingly move the button to safe, and it got me a failure to fire, well deserved, and the guys on line thought I flinched

Regards

Bill Cameron

2. blazer1

blazer1 TS Member

Kreighoff always puts the safety in the on position. Company policy.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Many, I'm tempted to say most gunsmiths and factory repairs always return the gun to safety able before cutting it loose for liability issues.....breakemall

4. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

While at Ottsville for service I left a note inside the case saying what I wanted done and told them to keep it locked in the off position. When I got it back everything I asked for was done ( triggers set and release ) as well as annual service and it was still locked off when it was returned. No issues.

crab

5. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

A wad of electrical tape wrapped around and under mine on a DT10 has fixed this problem! Plus, it really looks pretty! People accused me of being Kay! Much trimmer than him though! Tom Rhoads

6. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

Funny I took mine to ottsville the other week to have some barrels fitted and when I got mine back it was turned from off to on.

7. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

Mine has been locked off since the day I bought it

8. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

The K-80 safety moves a very short distance from off to on and vice-versa. In spite of the button, it seems to be easily movable, even when unintended. So, as a trapshooter, I have locked mine "off".

bluedsteel

9. 17145

17145 TS Member

I had mine totally rebuilt in Ottsville, cost me $1600.00 for new cocking levers, new ejectors, they welded new ears on the barrels, so the barrels had to reblued etc... and the gun came back with the safety still locked in the off position.

10. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

You are allowed 2 FTF's per 25? So what? Lock it open next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.