1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 opinion ??

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by southjblue, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Asking for an opinion---I have a K-80 combo listed F/S asking $10,000.00---
    There has been many hits and no action---WHY?---Is the price too high?
    Is there a losing interest in Krieghoff?---Is the economy a factor? ETC--ETC

Please don't think I am hard up to sell---I'm just over stocked with K-guns and other trap guns that I like to shoot---This gun just sits in the safe and it should sell in my opi---

Can't wait to hear from you---

This should be fun---

sjb---

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

The economy sucks, worse than I've ever seen. Long gun sales are pathetic at best. In this economy if you don't give it away it won't sell!!

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Spend some time on the online gun auction sites and you'll see a definite trend. Nice rifles go through several seven-day auctions without drawing a bid, especially the heavy magnum calibers. I'm not in the market for any more shotguns, so I haven't been watching them but rifles are very slow right now.

Two weeks ago, I offered a dealer $600 including shipping for a factory-engraved Remington Model 700BDL in 7mm RUM in like-new condition for which he had listed a minimum bid of $699 plus shipping. The rifle had gone through one auction with no action and when the second one ended, he told me business was really slow and that he would accept my offer.

Ed

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

I can also say that long gun sales have dipped a bit as of late. I know a couple of dealers that are having problems moving long guns, but pistols are still selling well.

The fact that your Krieghoff is a newer manufacture is a plus, but the fact that it isn't a high-rib is probably holding it back a little.

I'd just put it back into the safe and wait for better times. In the mean time, enjoy it as much as possible.

ss

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I gave you your answer a month ago (via PM). But SS has it right. The demand for the high rib K80 has tanked the rugular unsingle. That is the major problem why the values are off 25%.(or more)

Geo. It ain't comming back. All the new guns that are selling are idenitacl to the high rib K80. The CG and now the F3 are all siblings (and competitors) by design. These folks are gtting the aaction you feel your gun deserves. But it ain't coming back to its hayday. Great gun and good scores to be shot with it, but it's ranking amongst other hi-grade guns in demand has plummeted to the bottom 10%. Don't salt it away. Send it down the road and buy ssome new gun you fancy.

Jack

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jack---I value your opi but I have been watching guys with the new high rib guns having a hard time swinging them and not too happy---some have even sold them and returned to the standard rib---also don't see too many big dogs shooting the high rib---It may just be a fad---I tried one and don't like the feel of the high rib but you must be right---I'll wait and see---Thanks for your input---George

7. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

George,...........MIA has it right. Unfortunately, marketing and design, has swung the desire for high(er) rib guns to a frenzy of sorts. Like Perazzi Big Bore stated, he can hit targets just as good with low step, or high step rib Perazzis, but truth of matter is, when it comes to actually trying to sell gun, for what it should've sold for, just 5 years ago, isn't going to happen, and won't for a long time.
    Sadly, you buy a new laptop, and in 6 months, its not worth anything, same for cameras, and our run-of-the-mill vehicles we use to get from point A to point B. ..............Do what your gut tells you to, I have......Rob

8. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If it is true that there are people who just cannot shoot consistently well with an unsingle, it stands to reason that those same people will shoot a high-rib unsingle even worse and that some people who can shoot a standard-ribbed top-single well will struggle with a high-rib top single. My thinking is that high-rib guns are "in" right now but the clamour will end one day.

Think about how hot unsingles were when they first came out. Oddly enough, top singles survived and remain very popular - popular enough for Krieghoff to make BOTH unsingle and top single high-rib K-80s.

I believe the K-80 unsingle that has proven itself for 30 years will continue to do that for many years to come.

Ed

9. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Talked to Braxton at the US Open sporting clays event about sales. He told me that sporting clays guns make up for the majority of K80 sale in the last 5 years. thanks Ronnie

10. Bluerock1

Bluerock1 Member

0   0   0

High rib guns will be here for a long time. Whether you shoot heads up or crawl a high rib gun, getting the barrel out of the way improves visability.

BR1

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I didn't get any satisfaction on my opi request---I'll let this post run out and put gun away for another day---Thanks to all for looking---sjb---

12. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If "opi" is an acronym for "opinion," you got a couple pretty accurate ones - the economy is detering sales of expensive guns and the K-80 Trap Special currently is more popular than its older sibling. If "opi" means something else, well, excuse us.

Ed

13. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yes Ed---opi is acronym for opinion---Picked it up watching FOX ---O'Riley uses it all the time---I think---Thanks for your reply---I'll keep the standard rib in the safe thinking that the high rib is just a fad---I can't get used to looking at them and I can't shoot them---sjb

14. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I think there a lot of folks who fall into that category. I have a friend who is inconsistent as heck with his unsingle but won't try a top single because they lack the "cool" factor and his best shooting buddy shoots an unsingle well, so he feels he should be able to.

Your gun will only gain popularity as time passes. Remember what happened to top singles when unsingles came out.

Ed

15. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

0   0   0

On a positive note, it's a great buyer's market for those who are willing to invest and weather the storm until about 2014.

16. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bridge---I am a willing buyer---I just don't see too many buys---I'll keep looking--If there are any GOOD buys on trap guns,please PM me----sjb---

17. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Lord knows I've played with everything.. I went to the MX10.. then the MX2005.. and even played with a MX2008.. I have a short fat face with no neck.. All the sales hype in the world worked once.. Now.. I'll take my early model Perazzi/Krieghoff/Kolar step rib.. or flat rib.. and be happy..

There are some people who really need the high rib.. and it works excellent for them...just.. I'm NOT one of them.. The old timeless DB81 had the same problem.. Dan designed the gun.. but found the MX3 to be better for him...

18. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Seems to me you cant give a gun away that sells for more than 1500.! Bill

19. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bill---seems you are right and I have some really nice guns in the $1500.00 range that break targets---we'll have to ride out the storm---Times will change,they allways do---I'll put mine back up in a yr or two---sjb---

20. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

$1,500 might even be a bit high in this environment!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.