1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 on e-bay.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Bopper, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

Just a heads up. I noticed a K-80 for sale on e-bay. Caveat emptor. Looks shady to me. No reserve auction. Bidders names are being concealed etc. No mention of FFL. Smells like fish to me.

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

The eBay police will pull the listing once they find it. Selling firearms on eBay is not politically correct.

3. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

It would be nice if you people who tell us that this and that is on Ebay would put the damn item number on here. So what is the item number????

4. magic

magic Member

Run away.....run away!

5. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

Search Krieghoff K80 and it will come up.

6. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I did and nothing. Found wood, a trigger guard, choke tubes but no gun.

7. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

Listed as Krieghoff K80 skeet. Item number 150127588856.

8. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

3 1/2 days and ebay has not seen it. The reason they have bidder 1, bidder 2, and so on is because when I asked they said it was for security reasons for sellers and buyers. It will go to that after the item reaches $200.00 or higher.

9. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

That's a crock. I have a Valentine 1 radar detector listed right now. It's over $200.00 and the high bidder's ID is shown. That's a very common ploy on e-bay for scammers. If you can't see who is bidding, you can't give them a heads up to be careful. There are lots of fine folks selling stuff on e-bay.
    There are also some crooks. If it looks to good to be true, beware. I've seen $50,000 Sundowner horse trailers with living quarters listed for $5,000 delivered. Don't hold your breath waiting for it to show up!

10. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

2 days and 11 hours left. its up to $3,405.00

11. yodes

yodes TS Member

I think you will find that the high bidder's ID is visible to the person who listed the item, but not anyone else, not sure though. Supposedly eBay instituted this change to try and cut down on the phony second chance offers.

Steve

12. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

yodes, I did complain about it and they said that you could see the bidder but no you can't. My item went over 200 and I did not know who won it till I was emailed by Ebay.

13. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Now $4,050.00

14. pdq

pdq Member

As a long time ebayer, let me tell everyone to be cautious. As both a buyer and a seller, I won't deal with anyone who doesn't have a long and well rated ebay history.

This person opened this ID 2 days ago and has **0** feedback comments.

I suspect ebay will yank this auction, but be aware of the above whenever dealing on ebay.

Pete

15. yodes

yodes TS Member

First, I wish I had something that was worth more than $200 to sell on eBay right now, but sadly, I do not. If its like Gargoyle says, and even the seller can't see who is bidding, that seems like an odd change to make. Can you at least see the high bidders feedback? Just curious.

Steve

16. BAMA

BAMA TS Member

Even if Ebay pulls the auction you can bet the seller will email the high bidder with a 2nd chance offer. My guess is that it's a scam.

17. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

listing no longer available now

18. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Sorry to say that Ebay did yank it. What a bunch of assholes.

19. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

Why are they assholes? It clearly states that you can't list firearms etc. on e-bay. The guy would not respond when I asked twice for a S/N. He has a zero feedback rating and he specified to conceal the bidders info. There was no mention of the fact that it must be shipped to an FFL holder. I can draw several conclusions about the auction, but I can't see where e-bay is at fault.

20. newcastle

newcastle Member

It should have been yanked, you got a K80 you should know how to go about selling it on a gun site, I bet the scammer just copied and pasted the pics, I also emailed him with regards to FFL ect and asked for a phone number, no phone number on reply and still waiting on FFL request, some low life scammer I bet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.