1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 False Barrel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FNG, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FNG

FNG Member

On a K-80 bottom single, the top (false) barrel has a small diameter pin running diagonally through the chamber immediately forward of the snap cap. It's purpose is to prevent a live round from being inserted and fired in the false barrel. It also prevents a snap cap/chamber weight from being inserted. Does anyone know if that pin can be removed, and if so, how ?
    Thanks for any information.

2. sts1100

sts1100 Member

I checked my unsingle which has a wecury weight and no pin.

3. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Hit it sharply with a punch and it will break to allow a recoil reducer to be inserted. This is what a k gun dealer told me to do and it worked for me.

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

My two Model 32 top-single barrels came with a weight system inserted in the false barrel. It was an aluminum snap cap-like plug (but without a cushioned center) with a steel rod threaded into it; brass weights could be screwed onto the forward end. It was retained in the monobloc with a small set screw. They were Krieghoff items; perhaps they can still be obtained from Ottsville and will fit into an unsingle's false barrel.

Ed

5. B.C.

B.C. Member

That pin holds the Rib in place also,
    I would not strike it and try to break
    it off, use a small stone on a Dremel
    type tool,a chain sharpening stone works well !

6. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

I ground the pin off with a Dremel tool on my K-80 and installed a mercury recoil reducer.

Take your time.

7. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Again, I hit mine with a punch just as the k gun dealer-Chris Maest told me to do and that was in 2002 and my rib is still on good n tight. No trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

wecury