1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@@ K-80 Eye Candy @@@

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

We have a real beauty below that I wanted to show. It is for a skeet shooter and I think the wood turned out very nice. The blank was marked Turkish Walnut but it could be English. Great clam shell patterning and on one side there is a bit of feather showing in the grain. The gun is a flat rib K-80 and I hope that the customer will like his choice of wood and the stock in general. Thanks to The Crew and my wife Cindy that do there best to make me and the company look good. Thank you to all the customers past, present & future that make the journey to come to Canton Ohio and let us perform our craft. Have a great week and thank you for taking a look.

Dennis, Cindy, & The Crew

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

What a great presentation Dennis! Nice looking proportions and a great selection of wood. Beautiful.

3. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Again & again & again & again.....We really enjoy looking at your incredible work Dennis.....Keep posting them for us..... We really enjoy & appriciate great workmanship .....Pete

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Nice!

I think I could smoke a trap target with that one, the comb appears parallel to the rib.

6. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Nice wood and excellent craftsmanship. Seems like nearly all of the custom stocks made by Dennis and his team are quite massive and would add significant weight to the rear of the gun, changing the balance. How is this compensated for? Is it by making a massive forend to re-tune balance or do most customers just prefer guns with a lot of rear weight bias?

7. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Nice wood.

8. gordy h

gordy h Member

Nice job, one question, what kind of recoil pad is that. Where can I get one? Butch H

9. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Two points to address: for Shannon 391 the comb is parallel to the bore center lone and not the rib. The second answer, this stock is not as massive as you may see. It is what it is and the size of the stock depends on the facial features of the shooter and the fit to the shoulder. Does the shooter have a long or short neck, high cheek bones, long arms, or are they shooting with a heads up up style or laying down over the stock and pitched forward. This is what in my mind custom fitting is all about. Custom fitting is not about making a stock named after a good shooter or making a stock due to a certain style but a stock that is made to fit you and you alone. To me that is custom fitting. I hope that this addresses the two questions. Thank you for the feedback.

Dennis DeVault