1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

&& K-80 Eye Candy &&

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

The K-80 featured below has done in beautiful Myrtle Wood supplied by Mike Mann. The stock features the finger gripa and Black Ebony Grip Cap. The bottom of the grip cap features a Madellion that was customer supplied. It has the initials of his wife and children in the piece. The color and design go well with the silver receiver of the K-80. It has been sealed to keep it from the elements. Thank you very much for taking a look.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

dennisdevault_2008_0303221.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303222.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303223.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303224.jpg

2. Dennis DeVault

The K-80 featured below has done in beautiful Myrtle Wood supplied by Mike Mann. The stock features the finger gripa and Black Ebony Grip Cap. The bottom of the grip cap features a Madellion that was customer supplied. It has the initials of his wife and children in the piece. The color and design go well with the silver receiver of the K-80. It has been sealed to keep it from the elements. Thank you very much for taking a look.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

dennisdevault_2008_0303221.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303222.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303223.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303224.jpg

3. Dennis DeVault

Sorry Guys I think I double clutched on the Submit button. I tried to delete the bottom half but it did not work. My apoligies.

Dennis DeVault

4. revbook

revbook Member

No worries Dennis....I enjoyed seeing it twice!

Don

5. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Another fine art showing of what the Crew at Devault industries keeps giving us to see and admire , the team there is just putting out the finest wood working available. Pat.k. The best to you Dennis and you're Team.

6. Hooked

Hooked Member

Sweet!

7. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

That grip cap looks great, but quite sharp!

Does the grain of the ebony (is it african ebony??) run parrellel to the bottom of the pistol grip so the amount of short grain is reduced, making it stronger Dennis?

Beautiful work by the way, i always enjoy looking at your work from the other side of the world!

Regards, Aussie Dan

8. Dennis DeVault

Aussie Dan,

The grip is African Black Ebony and the grain of the wood runs length wise with the grain of the stock. There is really know stress in that area and we have been installing the Ebony in that fasion for 10 years and have never had one break. The edges of the grip are not sharp there is a slight radius on the edges just enough to break the corner and blend in with the rest of the stock. Thank you for the feedback.

Dennis DeVault

9. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I'm no fan of blond wood; but it's wonderfully executed, especially the grain layout in the wrist. Great Job, thanks for posting another of your masterpieces.

mike

10. andybull

andybull Active Member

What is the labor cost for a stock and forearm like that?

11. Dennis DeVault

The labor cost for a tanged style receiver like what is shown is $ 2,000.00 and that includes everything that you see like checkering, finish etc. If you look on our web page under custom stocks all the pricing is there. As far as I know we are the only stock builder that has published prices on the web. This way you have no hidden cost or surprises.

Dennis Devault

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.