1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 Extractor Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fortycaliberglock, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fortycaliberglock

fortycaliberglock Member

I was shooting sporting clays this past weekend before our annual dove hunt and ran into a problem. I shoot a K-80 RT with O/U barrels mostly for trap and as a result, don't often use the top barrel (I don't shoot doubles). While shooting clays, I noticed that the top barrel extractor did not always properly extract the spent shell. Normally, I shoot the top barrel so infrequently that it's not worth my concern but over a 100-round clays course, it became an annoyance. What would normally be the cause and fix for a failure to extract? Thanks for your help.

2. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

Remove the extractor, clean it and oil it.

Also, check the forward(muzzle)end of the extractor for any damage that might cause the cocking rod to not push the extractor properly.

If you have a damaged exractor PM me back. I have an extra one I`ll give you. You pay shipping only.

3. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

If Gold Medal's advice does not work, let us know. We can go on from there....

4. fortycaliberglock

fortycaliberglock Member

Gold and Rebel, thanks very much for your advice. I will try this tomorrow. All the best, Joe

5. fortycaliberglock

fortycaliberglock Member

Gold, Rebel,

I took it out today and had a fellow Krieghoff shooter much more knowledgeable than me take a look. Basically, the cocking rod for the over barrel is not consistently engaging the ejector hammer in the forend. Therefore, the ejector isn't being driven back on opening. When I open the gun, half the time the over ejector isn't under spring tension. Also, note that my gun is an RT. I didn't realize just how different they are internally than a standard K-80.

Thanks for your help.

Joe

6. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

Joe,

Call Braxton at Krieghoff International in Pennsylvania.

Number is (610)847-5173 ext. 104.

He will be able to help you.

7. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

If the barrels are not properly fitted to the gun then ejectors can be a common problem. Barrel fitting involves fitting the forend lug to the receiver as well as the trunions and the sliding hood..... Also, over time, the barrel forend lug can wear. This is a critical point for lube when assembling the gun in order to prevent wear over the years.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to change an extractor spring a k80

k 80 convert ejector to extractor

remove krieghoff extractors

weak extractor spring a k80