1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@@ K-80 English Eye Candy @@@

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

I have another edition of eye candy to show. The customer hasd not seen this yet so we wanted to give them a sneak peek. This is beautiful English Walnut that came from Mike Mann. The grain is very symetrical and carries through on both sides of the blank. My compliments to The Crew for their work and to my wife Cindy everyone did an outstanding job. As always thank you for taking a look and I hope the new owner will shoot it well.

Dennis DeVault

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

More WOW Dennis...thanks for giving us a peek!

3. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Some day I tell ya.

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

WOW! English walnut is my favorite. Forend match is awsome. Very nice as usual.

If I remember correctly Dennis, you say you buy rifle stock blanks, and cut the forend from the front section of the blank, correct? Thanks, Jon

5. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

The pad looks as it is mounted up side down!

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I would guess that the guy that shoots this gun brings the stock up above the shoulder, and mounts the stock down into his shoulder as he is raising up the forend. Could also be for pitch.

7. K80

K80 TS Member

Pad is a KICK-EEZ 403 series Modified Trap and is installed correctly

8. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

Dennis,

The finish on this stock looks like more of a satin finish vs. high gloss. Is it just the photos?

K-EIGHTY

9. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Thank you to everyone that took a look,

To answer three questions, Yes I do buy rifle blanks when I can to get perfect color and grain match but I also rely on good wood cutters to supply use with matching forends. I have recently purchased over 120 forends in various grades of wood to be sure that we get a good color and grain match for each stock we build. The modified trap pad was installed at the shooters final fitting, during the fitting process we determined that the pith in the stock was correct but the person has a good build and there was just a slight pinch at the pec muscle, so we installed the modified pad and that took care of the problem. As to the finish it is a high gloss but at the time of the photo the final buffing was not complete. The gloss is getting very intense thanks to Mike who has been doing an outstanding job of experimenting with different buffing and finish processing. Again thank you for the comments, have a great weekend get out and enjoy the weather.

Dennis DeVault

10. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Dennis

May we see some pictures of your shop ??????

Thanks...

11. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

As usual, stunning, is the word, here. Barb & I especially like the "twisted" ribbon theme in the fore end and grip. Cindy's magic is breathtaking, yet elegant.

best...mike&barb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.