1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-80 Comb Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

If you attend any of the PA shoots at Elysburg, Mark Duprex can fix it in a jiffy.

2. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

jsa- What's your POI? Usually it's opposite. Trap specials require higher combs too match the rib. Dave T.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

I agree with Dave. Do not lower the comb until you are certain that it does need to be lowered. Check your POI at 13 yards. Many more targets are missed by shooters shooting under the target than over the target. A lower comb will make the gun shoot lower.

Pat Ireland

4. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

JSA,
    I wouldn't worry about stacking your beads. It means nothing. Pattern the gun and go by your Point of impact.

5. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

JSA, Since it's a Trap Special have you adjusted the rib for the sight picture you want?

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

mark- To lower the comb, wood must be removed. This is not difficult with the right equipment. I use a vertical table sander with a 6' belt to do this.

Stacking the beads is a term that everyone would be better off not knowing. Stacking the beads is a phrase introduced long ago by some gun writers. Their goal was to sell magazine articles, not help shooters.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.