1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-32's

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ajax, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

What are the older K-32's selling for now days?

Over and unders and the combo sets?

Thank you,
    Ajax

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

It depends on the serial number. This is assuming the condition is good. Bulge.

3. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Maybe I should have asked that a little different but I'm looking for a shooter, but in pretty good shape.

I really don't know anything about the guns. What should I look for in the serial numbers, and why?

Thanks again,
    Ajax

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The biggest issue with any old Model 32 is the fact many were and continue to be butchered up by wannabee gunsmiths over the years. Sending it to Krieghoff International for quality repairs after the local butchers ruined it can get pricey. Best take it to a professional Krieghoff gunsmith for an evaluation before purchase. Most laymen are poor judges of what constitutes a good Model 32!!

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The first 1200 or so had remington internals in them. They switched to their own parts around that 1200 serial #. I have a San Remo # 369 that is in the shop right now getting K-80 internals put in it. Bulge.

6. fly

fly Active Member

plain jane 32 over 1200 serial number will fetch about $2200 in fair condition, slightly cheaper for short barrels, and more for 32 inch. Some have been re-done bluing, K-80 parts, K80 wood etc., which will and should bring more money. As far as the wannabe gunsmiths, they are everywhere, and not just working on old K32's. When i buy a used Krieghoff i send it straight to Ottsville for their condition report, and what it may or may not need.

7. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Ajax

When you won the doubles championship last year at the state shoot with the 100 straight, what gun were you shooting? How much better do you think you are going to do if you get a different gun? Stop thinking like a trap shooter, 100 strait in doubles is as good as it gets.

Jim R

8. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Well Jim, the 3200 broke at the Spring Grand. The cam plate for the ejector broke off on the left side. Both needed replaced and Laib's has it for a rebuild. I've had it for twenty years and put thousands of rounds through it. This is the first time the stocks have been off except for cleaning. They just don't build them like they used to!

I do have a MX6 that I shoot pretty well but I thought I might try a K32 and see what they are like.

See there, I can't help thinking like a Trapshooter!

Ajax

9. bossbasl

bossbasl Active Member

Ajax: I'm in agreement with Jim R. about changing "horses" in the middle of the stream. However, I can't fault a serious test drive with a K-32 for doubles. With a 30" original K-32 O/U you may find it feels a bit more lively than the 3200. You may want to also test a K-32 with 32" K-80 barrels fitted for a slight difference in swing dynamics. A K-32 (especially with some of the preferred updates) is a great shotgun and is one of the better values in a target gun today.
    Best wishes in your search. Lyle

10. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Ajax

I have an MX-6 with 32" barrels if you want to test drive it. It is not for sale, it is my barn swallow and starling gun. I should be down there from Memorial Day until after the Pacific Grand. I won't shoot the gun until then if you want to borrow it now and you could return it when I get down there.

PM me if you want to use it and we can set up a time and place to meet.

Jim R

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I have 2 K-32s and one K-80---Can't really tell the difference----I liked my 32s so much that I sold the K-80 and never sorry----The 32s are a great gun when all the up-grades are done----Mine are all K-80 innards---One with krieghoff parts and the other with Allem's release and Krieghoff parts---
    I hope they will last my lifetime----gL----SJB

12. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Ok, here's half of mine. GaryL.
    [​IMG]

13. hose 'em down

hose 'em down Active Member

Jim R...

I'm gonn take you up on the MX 6, meet me at the end of the street as I live on the corner, just before the big shoot, so' s I can light them up this week.

Thanks......

Ernie .....in AZ...........grins, eh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.