1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-32 Worth?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Sam (ATA Noobie), May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Howdy folks!

Thinking of 'upgrading' to a Caesar Guirini Summit Impact. Trying to decipher what my current K-32 is worth without much success. Will post pics later when I can, but was wondering if the fine folks here at TS could help me out.

- Overall Good condition. Had annual service done on it.
    - Some bluing wear, but nothing terrible. Probably 80% overall
    - 32" barrel w/ 8 thinwall chokes by Seminole (not sure on rib type)
    - Adj. comb and and Adj. buttplate on factory redwood w/ kick-ezee trap pad
    - Aftermarket top-single 32" top single by Simmons w/ choke tube
    - Warwick aluminum combo case

Has been a great companion for me, but want to move to a high-rib gun. Seems like K32 values are all over the place. I apologize if I've left anything important out.

Ballpark guesses?

Thanks all,

Sam

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

What is the serial number?

Whose choke tube installation in the top single

Pictures?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Will update tonight when I get home from work. The choke installer on the top single was not a name I recognized (nto hard to do ), but I have all the paperwork at home.

Serial # is a blur off the top of my head, but will also grab that this evening.

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Sam, I'm not very knowledgeable in the ways of Krieghoff's for resale. But my 4 year old Blue book has these prices which may help you some. The rib seems to make alot of difference. What was called their high rib Standard is 90%-$l,900 and the 80%-$l,700 for just the O/U gun and barrel. I believe the age of the 32 does effect the value as well. The older the less desirable I think. Also the price of the extra barrel would be hard to price as well as it is not a factor made barrel. Simmons was a very good company back then, but still not factory. With the 32 barrels "I'd guess at around $900-$l,000". Lets see how some of the experts do later today. Good Luck with your search,sale,new gun. Break-em all. Jeff

5. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Thank you for the info. I think I know what I paid for all of it, but it's been 6 or 8 years now.

I want to say it's a 4-digit serial #, but I may be talking out of my behind.

6. g7777777

I dont think you have a high (vandalia) rib do you?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Gene, It appears that this is the only barrel they made!!! Only low ribs they show in blue book are on the sub-gauge barrels. Only other added data is to Subtract 15-25% for 26 inch barrels, add for full lenth rifle inserts, or add app. 20% for a two-barrel set. But since his extra barrel is not true factory??? Break-em all. Jeff

I believe high rib barrel term was not quite the same then, as it is now. There was not even different classes of Trap, Skeet, or Sporting clays in K guns back then.

8. g7777777

If the book says only high ribbed guns in K32 12 gauges the book you are looking at is wrong.

Most of the barrels were in fact flat ribbed not the raised vandalia ribbed- dont know the percentages but my pure guess is well over 90 percent of the 12 gauge barrels were low ribbed as compared to the higher vandalia ribbed guns

Regards from Iowa

Gene

9. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

I would describe it as a flat rib, yes.

On my way home to gets pics. Thanks all!

10. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Assuming a reasonable serial number the gun as an O/U would be between $2,000 and $2,500 tending toward the lower number unless the wood is really nice. The single-barrel anywhere from $300 to maybe $500 but many won't want it all.

If someone offered you $2,500 cash for everything I'd grab it in a heart-beat.

11. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

12. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

13. g7777777

What was the serial number?

Pictures?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

14. g7777777

What was the serial number?

Pictures?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

15. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Serial # is 28XX

Pics coming.

16. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

A few pics, not the greatest I know. Took them in a rush out the door this morning. All the work was done by Pat's Gun Repair up in Minnesotta (reccomended to me here).

The stock has had a portion on the left hand-side sanded down to accomidate the head positioning I needed. This was done by a stock fitter at the National Shooting complex in San Antonio, but the name of the outfit escapes me.

$2,500 for the whole shootin' match is depressing. I paid more than that for it when I bought it bone stock. I've added a $300 case, lots of stock work (I know that's mostly a lost cause), and a top single w/ fitting. I could see that much depreciation in a new(er) gun, but in a 32?

Baldwin Sights out of OK did the threading on the top single. You can see some of the engraving that was done on the top of it.

Thanks again all.

samatanoobie_2008_0303.jpg

samatanoobie_2008_03031.jpg

samatanoobie_2008_03032.jpg

samatanoobie_2008_03033.jpg

samatanoobie_2008_03034.jpg

17. g7777777

Sam - one more thing- any galling where the forearm iron and front of the receiver meet?

Could you also take the choke tube out of the single barrel and take a picture of that- someone will be able to indentify it

Regards from Iowa

Gene

18. g7777777

I would say 1800-2000 on O/U assuming nothing is wrong mechanically

So yea- jump at $2500 for the entire set

Now that is cash price value- trading as you know is an entirely different deal- probably better to sell this outright

In pieces, if you have the stamina for that, you could get more. Dont count the wood as worth anything though if you are going to do that and when you do get something for the wood it will be like a bonus.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

19. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Break it up you will get more. Jeff

20. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Now, I trust your opinions, which is why I asked here, but I will say, I cannot seem to find a K-32 in any sort of decent shape anywhere for $1,800.

What about a comparison to a gun like in the link above? K-32 Skeet for $3,000 in significantly worse shape than my gun, with obviously no top single and fixed chokes.

No galling on the forearm/receiver contact that I can recall. There is some on one side of the barrel. Small area, maybe 1/4" long by 1/8" wide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.