1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-32 Top Single

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AveragEd, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Recoil is not a problem, or at least wasn't in the two I owned. If the barrel was not rechoked, the choke identifier is stamped on the left side of the barrel near the chamber and will be the letter "K" and a number - "K3" is I/M, "K4" is Full. Most of them are flat-shooters; too flat for most people, so an adjustable comb is almost a necessity unless you like a 55/45 barrel.

Which rib does it have - a flat one or one with a ramp at the back? The ramped ribs, called a "Vandalia Rib," are in more demand than the flat ribs.

Ed

2. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

I have a K-80 with M32 barrels (over/under and top single), does that count? [wink]

Let's see, POI will depend some on comb height, but the top single seems to me to be somewhere between 60% to 70%. I gave up calculating that (by shooting at paper) years ago, so I can't be more exact than that. The previous owner(s) of the barrel moved the mid bead, then filed it down some, so I dunno what an untouched barrel would do with a figure eight. But I feel sure it would be between 60 and 70. I never look at the beads anymore myself.

My gun fits me and I have no problem with recoil. When people claim a certain model of gun kicks like a mule, I mutter bull**** into my beard. The gun doesn't fit, that's all, assuming it's not radically too light. The fixed choke hits plenty hard from the 27, again, I don't bother with trivia anymore, so I can't give a figure. Solid full I'd say.

So call me a heretic. Probably not the reply you were asking for, but I hope it helped a little. Anyway, I like mine and I'm keeping it.

3. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Mine does not have the K3/K4 choke marking Ed spoke of. It does, however, have a couple of inspection stamps and an "04" just ahead of the chamber on the left side. It's a flat-rib Europa barrel made of Bohler Laufstahl.

Ed may well be right about the POI of most M32 top singles. Like I said, the mid-bead on mine has been altered, and I don't bother thinking about bead alignment.

Good luck.

4. johnboy

johnboy Member

Bought a San Remo with K80 wood and hard case for a little less than 4k in 02. Later got a 32" top single (new) from Dupont for around 750 which was fitted to the receiver. Top single has flat rib and is full choke. Gun does not have K80 trigger conversion but I had K80 style trigger installed so I could adj. position of trigger. Also, I found the Model 32 trigger odd looking. I did not think recoil was excess but I prefer a 9-9.5# gun so I added weight. Also I added a adjustable comb. to raise POI. I have around 5500 in gun which includes the top single barrel. The San Remo has some engraving which should increase the price somewhat over the standard model 32. A factory conversion of the trigger to K80 was around $1000 when I checked a couple years ago and a gold trigger added several hundred dollars to that. One last point, 32's are old guns and will require maintenance but Krieghoff service is second to none in my experience. I might add that I am certainly no expert on the K guns but have enjoyed owning this one.

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

In 1995, I had two Model 32 combos put together with all new receivers, irons, barrels and wood. Both were 34"/30" Vandalia Rib combos and I never had any of the barrels altered. One combo had K-80 Barvaria grade wood; the other had K-80 Super Scroll grade wood and K-80 second-design hammers, K-80 trigger group and double release triggers. I sold the first for $5,500 in 2002 and the second for $7,000 in 2005.

Ed

6. rick979

rick979 Active Member

K32 combo 32 single/30 O/U with K-80 trigger about $4,500 for a nice unit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.