1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-32 to K-80 Conversion

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HotRodA10, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

Was wondering if anyone could give me a ballpark figure of what it would cost to convert the K-32 internals to a K-80? Thanks.

Rod

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

more than it's worth

3. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

How about just the trigger system?

4. calldan

calldan Member

I call Krieghoff a couple of months ago & they said $2900.00 for K-80 triggers.

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

For that price, you'd be better off selling your M32 receiver and buying a K80 one.

6. EuroJoe

That cute recurved trigger is part of the problem. The Krieghoff trigger mechanism is lifted as wlll as pulled, and the 32's trigger is better suited to this. Take off the stock off a 32 and compare it to a K-80,you will see what I'm talking about.

7. ferlach

ferlach Member

Unless you have spare money, there is no need to upgrade. K32 functions as well as K80.

8. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

I guess it sounds like it's more trouble and money than it's worth. As the K-32 would only be a back-up gun, I guess it wouldn't make much sense. Probably another dumb question; can the trigger guard be switched out without any other mods? The only reason I ask is because there seems to be more K-80 stocks available than K-32 stocks, and this would give me flexibilty.

Rod

9. ferlach

ferlach Member

Trigger guard can be switched if you are upgrading stock. The trigger has to be dropped out to swap the guard. The barrel selector on K32 does not allow trigger guard to be removed without removing trigger mechanism. It is easy work, 5 minutes for a trained gunsmith.

10. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

Excellent, thanks for you knowledge again.

Rod

11. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I bought two new Model 32 receivers and irons in 1995 and had them made into Vandalia-ribbed combos with K-80 hammers, trigger groups and wood. The trigger groups were $850 back then.

The only real reason for upgrading to K-80 stuff is if you use release triggers. A hole has to be drilled in the hammer(s) into which a pin for the release hook(s) is pressed. The hammers are weakened by that hole and there was a lot of breakage across the hole in Model 32s and early K-80s, so second-design K-80 hammers had a boss for the release hooks to catch onto forged as a part of the hammer.

Ed

12. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

Thanks Ed. I may be switching to a release trigger. I shoot skeet and I have a problem flinching when I ride the birds a bit. This input helps on that subject. Since we're on that subject, if I choose to switch to a release trigger, what would be a good price for a used factory set; and what would the installation cost be?

Rod

13. EuroJoe

Why ride skeet targets? or any other, for that matter?

14. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

There ya go for $275.00 GaryL.

15. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

So, $275 for the installation, trigger set, or both?

EuroJoe, some of us aren't perfect and we develop some bad habits. Typically, and you should know this if you shoot skeet, you don't want to shoot incoming birds right out of the house. You follow them until they get past the center stake so you are breaking them in the relatively same place on doubles.

Rod

16. EuroJoe

Gee, Rod, thanks for the skeet lesson! LOL

17. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

Sorry, just had to say something after your remark!! Thought maybe you only shot trap.:)

18. EuroJoe

I was giving you good advice, but you didn't catch on.

19. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

What was the advice........"don't ride the birds?" I guess my only option then is to not mount the gun until the bird halfway across the field???

20. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

There are a dozen variables - on what parts you want.

Someone said the trigger has to be dropped to switch trigger guards- that is wrong

Anyway, are you talking- hammer- sears- springs- trigger shoe and trigger guard or less than that?

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.