1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-32 Serial Number Three Digit?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Landshark, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landshark

Landshark Member

Looking at one with sn 6XX. I thought they all (even the very early ones) were all 4 digits.

2. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

I believe it has a cast receiver which is less desirable......also the trigger is a different design with that low of a serial number.

3. Landshark

Landshark Member

It's 26" BBL Skeet gun. I was looking for a receiver and iron.

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I believe those ones were made with leftover Remington parts. Bill Malcolm

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

May have Remmie innards, maybe not. Look at selector and safety. If stock is off, differences are monumental.

Pic above is early M32 with Remmie innards.

6. Shooting Coach

Pic of M32 with Krieghoff innards.

7. Landshark

Landshark Member

The trigger shoe looks to be a newer Model 32.

8. Shooting Coach

Action is a factory cut-a-way, do not have serial number.

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

My number 919 looks exactly like Coaches second foto and is confirmed over and over as pure Krieghoff. I would consider it pretty likely that a 3 digit serial in the 600s was Rem. parts however.......breakemall

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Coach is correct with one caveat

Dont confuse a Miller add on trigger to a factory trigger

It is my understanding that the serial numbers were not all applied upon the completion of the receiver back then so the first 1000 are not in consecutive order in all cases

In other words- you might be holding 400 and it was actually produced as a receiver after 900

Gene

11. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

anyone know what year a k32 with serial number 1663 was made?

12. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

#1663 was probably made around 1962-64. If it still has its original barrel, look on the barrel flat below the serial number. Besides the proof stamp and serial number, there will be a date - such as 463 (April 1963), 1061 (Oct 1961) as examples. That date will NOT be when the gun was made. But, it will be the date the barrel set was proofed at the Ulm proof house. And the gun will have normally been built about two/three months after that proof date. Still, that does not tell you when the gun was first sold. I have a K-32 that is proof dated 1970 (#50XX) and the original owner bought the gun new in 1973. I have another proof dated 1977 (#100XX)and the original owner says he bought it new in 2002 from du Pont/Krieghoff, no doubt a 4-barrel skeet set "safe queen" that was sold on close-out pricing.

A fellow once told me his 3-digit K-32 was made in December of 1970. (No way.) I asked him why he believed that. He said because the barrel tubes were dated "12/70". I explained to him that those marks meant the barrels were 12-gauge and had 70mm chambers (2/3/4 inches). He didn't like hearing that. In fact, he completely rejected it. As far as I know, he still touts to this day that his very early 3-digit Kriggy was made December 1970. Whatever.

Knowledge is power.......

13. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

Rebel Sympathy, thanks for the information I will look at the stamps you mentioned. I appreciate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

krieghoff serial number date