1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

k 32 pivot pins.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by daydreamer1, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daydreamer1

daydreamer1 TS Member

anyone ever need to change the pivot pins on a k32 or k80 ?they screw out and screw in with no effort, but do they need fitting ? mine seem to be worn and i think i should replace them. any idea what a new set cost?

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Some years ago I was thinking of fitting a K80 unsingle on my Rem. 32. The K80 barrel uses the larger pins. I miked the monoblock and it measured exactly the same as the K80. The barrel even locked in place. The forearm might have fit but the K80 uses a hangar in place of a barrel spacer. Someone said the larger pins will screw in a Rem. 32.

Anyone have any thoughts on this??? Thanks

Regards....Gerald

3. daydreamer1

daydreamer1 TS Member

let me explane whats happening here. i purchased some bbl. to use on my k32.( i know it's a krieghoff model 32 ,but is better know as a k 32 so as not to be confused with the remington model 32)they will be fit by gunsmith but they fit on every k 32 and k 80 i have tried them on. but not on mine. my gun is in the # 25xx and had the 12 ga. bbl since new. now if over the years and different owners. could the "trunions" have worn down that they need replacing. if so its a very simple fix and i can save a lot of money by doing it myself. and then haveing a krieghoff gunsmith check fit..

4. Mapper

Mapper Member

The trunnions come in four different sizes. They are usually stamped on the face(inside). Normally they need fitting and a new top latch also. Maybe you can get them to work, or maybe not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.