1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K-32 Mfg date

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by coot shooter, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coot shooter

coot shooter Member

Can anyone tell me approx. what year a K-32 with SN# 30XX was manufactured?
    I want to make sure that this is modern enough to have some of the upgardes, and possibly be K-80 compatible.

Mike

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

It is. I'll get you the date later leaving for the doctors. Bulge.

3. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

You can call Ottsville and they will tell you when the gun came over to the States.

Rod

4. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Folks say to stay over 1000 to make sure it has all krieghoff parts and no Remington model 32 parts. But mine is 7xx And it has been checked out and has all k parts. As far as compatibility I guess it depends on what you are hoping to accomplish. I would guess that you want to snap on k80 barrels. They will most likely need to be fit. The 32's weren't hardened and can wear on the face and where the forearm iron and receiver mate up as well as the barrel lugs. At one point it was common practice to just put an oversized hood on your k32 to correct some of the wear issues rather than actually fixing it, so if yours has a larger hood it could be an issue with the k80 barrels.

Good luck, paul

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I checked my info and only have serial numbers for the K-80's. Sorry, Bulge.

6. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Pat: That month/year date is actually the date the Ulm, Germany proof house proofed the barrels - not the date they, or the gun, was manufactured. Having said that, one would assume the two dates were reasonably close, although my experience indicates that is not always the case....

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.