Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

K-32 Krieghoff up-grades

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  finger 
#1 ·
I have owned owned two K-32's for 30 years, One 28 inch skeet and a two barrel trap set. I don't shoot them alot, but I read where many of you up-grade them to a k-80..Why? I'v never had any problem with either. Just wondering.

#2 ·
Some upgrades are cosmetic, some are improvements that Krieghoff has made, such as the sear spring up-date, or converting to an adjustable trigger. With K-80 wood you now have a much wider selection of stocks available. The guns shoot fine as they are. I guess it's personal preference. And Krieghoff is not very easy on the wallet for up-grades, but they do a good job. They did 3 for me.

#3 ·
My Krieghoff guru lives in Oregon after retiring from the factory in Germany. He makes more parts for repairs than he orders from Krieghoff and is highly respected throughout the K community. He keeps telling me there is not one reason in the world to convert my M-32 to K-80 parts except for those that insist there must be some advantage. I argue that with one point; that the barrel selector on the M-32 is longer and more likely to get accidentally changed or centered (creates the possibility of doubling) while the K-80 selector is much smaller. The M-32 is complicated for us tyros and I really don't know that the K-80 is any simpler. I do know the K-80 only came into existence (in 1980) to break a contract permitting only one distributor of the Krieghoff M-32s coming into the US since the late '50s. If you like your M-32s, just keep them happy....breakemall....Bob Dodd

#4 ·
I have owned about six different 32's and a couple of K 80's. I am 6 ft 200 lbs and I prefer the model 32 in stock configuration..The guns are the best value and performing guns out there in my opinion.. I have three different sets of K 80 wood and have still gone back to the basic model 32 wood on my 32's. Even at my size it fits me better and I have shot higher scores with the standard wood This is my two cents worth, but it is what works for me. I see no need in updating a 32. Thanks, Johnny Whidden

#5 ·
Lets see if this helps.
1. K80 trigger guard allows you to use K80 wood on the 32 without that ugly gap.
2. As mentioned above re the bbl selector. With the k80 selector you can lock it in one position. Can't do that with the 32
3. K80 trigger is adjustable a bit fore and aft. 32 is not.
4. There have been minor improvements over the years and you can incorportate these if you wish into your 32, but the more you do the more it becomes a k80
5. The big one. K80 frames are case hardened (not sure thats the correct term) and 32's are not.
6. Less resale for a 32 than a K80. you won't get your money back if you update a 32 to k80 and then try to sell it. Do it for you, not for resale.

That about covers it. bob finger

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.