1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just screwed Obama

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 635 G, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Just sold everything I had in the stock market. All I did with the dividends was reinvest them. The rest of my investments are tax free bond. He will never see anything from me.

Phil Berkowitz

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Phil,

I hope you based your decision on sound investment strategy and not on rhetoric from TS.com, "news otlets", emotion, or other endemic entity.

Impulse investing is just as fraught with pitfalls as impulse buying.

I'd also hope your motivation was to help yourself and NOT to screw anybody--although your headline is eye-catching. Surely you'd have much greater success with the former, rather than the latter motivation.

Guy B.

3. front242

front242 Member

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

It is on sound advice, I have zero debt and have enough to live one way beyond my life expectancy. If he decides to tax muni bonds, the entire coutnry is finished.

Phil Berkowitz

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Good luck Phil. Talked to my broker yesterday, he is pushing bonds too.

I hope you didn't invest in any munis from cities in CA. IL. and a lot of other states. On 2nd thought - Obama will bail those states out. Not LOL.

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Stay away from Ca. NY, NJ and any sates that have big public employee unions. Invest in NC &FL & or any fiscally sound right to work state.

Phil Berkowitz

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Berkowitz screwed.....Berkowitz. Man who is your Broker?

blade819

8. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Keep in mind you still have to pay the tax on the tax exempt bond funds for all of the holdings outside the state that you reside in; that's taxable. If inflation kicks in and interest rates go up then the value of your bonds will decrease. I sold mine a couple of years ago as the bonds were heavily weighed in states like California & Nevada. I was not confortable with the prospects of California going broke. It will go broke. Good luck with your investments. BT100dc

9. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I have a broker who charges $7'trade---the only time I ever lost money is when I used a full service broker Smith Barney.

Phil Berkowitz

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Florida has no income tax- any muni is good here

Phil Berkowitz

11. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

People with $$ are voting with their wallets. If an employer has enough money for his future--shut down & screw the people who voted for Obama.

Phil Berkowitz

12. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Either that or pay a consultant to decipher Obamacare so you will stay out of the slammer. Some choice. I'd close up shop too. A whole bunch of places are laying off people to get under the 50 employee limit requiring them to sign up for this debacle.

In the space of a couple months, these imcompetent morons have managed to discredit:

The Secret Service - Columbian Hookers

The Dept. of Defense - Benghazi and Panetta

The CIA - Patreaus

The FBI - Sitting on the Broadwell Scandal

The Armed Forces - General Allen and Jill Kelly cozyness.
    General Carter Ham - wanted to rescue Stevens, forced to resign.

Great job. The KGB couldn't have done a better job. Take a week off for some serious golf.

Bob Falfa

14. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I really mean it, we can do without Starbucks, Panera Bread, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, --the list goes on. These companies are the employers of the masses 20=25. I'm willing to be the DOW is under 10k in less than a year. Cash will be king. Try and buy something with a Krugerand or aMaple Leaf.

Just hope & pray our country can survive another 4 years and the Republicans get their act together.

Phil Berkowitz

15. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

Good for you 635 G. I dont have any stocks or I would do the same. For years now I have put everything into land with water under it and capable of producing food. Ive seen this coming for a long time.

16. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Phil, if you dumped stocks today you have lost your butt and you will never get it back elsewhere.

17. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

In four years the mkt will be 7000 if its lucky. I never worried about saving money, I worried about making money--I've got enough--I'm on auto-pilot. For everyone else hang on its going to be a rough ride.

Phil Berkowitz

18. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

And to think the welfare state put him back in office.

19. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Johnny,,,,,you are assuming it doesn't go down farther,,,,,,wait for it,,,,,,wait for it.......

20. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

bigdog, no, not assuming that at all, I expect it to go down further.I also expect it to come back up when the "fiscal cliff" bs is resolved. When that happens, Phil will be on the sidelines losing to inflation. Could be rough the next two years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.