1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just say No to gun bans...

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by rpeerless, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

In the true spirit of the Second Amendment, Just say No to gun bans.

Ronald Reagan, even after he was shot did not want the Second Amendment revised or rewritten in any way.

"As long as there are guns, the individual that wants a gun for a crime is going to have one and going to get it. The only person who’s going to be penalized and have difficulty is the law-abiding citizen, who then cannot have [it] if he wants protection -- the protection of a weapon in his home."

RONALD REAGAN, interview, Mar. 22, 1986

"recently learned something quite interesting about video games. Many young people have developed incredible hand, eye, and brain coordination in playing these games. The air force believes these kids will be our outstanding pilots should they fly our jets."

RONALD REAGAN, speech, Aug. 8, 1983

"Sometimes when I'm faced with an atheist, I am tempted to invite him to the greatest gourmet dinner that one could ever serve, and when we have finished eating that magnificent dinner, to ask him if he believes there's a cook."

RONALD REAGAN, Speaking My Mind

"We're entering our third century now, but it's wrong to judge our nation by its years. The calendar can't measure America because we were meant to be an endless experiment in freedom -- with no limit to our reaches, no boundaries to what we can do, no end point to our hopes. The United States Constitution is the impassioned and inspired vehicle by which we travel through history. It grew out of the most fundamental inspiration of our existence: that we are here to serve Him by living free -- that living free releases in us the noblest of impulses and the best of our abilities; that we would use these gifts for good and generous purposes and would secure them not just for ourselves and for our children but for all mankind."

RONALD REAGAN, State of the Union address, Jan. 27, 1987

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Then five years later he signed FOPA'86 banning new manufacture of transferable machineguns, and ten years later supported the Brady Bill.

I think you might want to cite someone else.

3. rpeerless

That's because Republicans compromise where they shouldn't have, then and now.
    And because no one is perfect. President Reagan aspired to be the best he could be with who and what he had to work with. Now in comparison...well figure it out for yourself.

4. rpeerless

"There are those in America today who have come to depend absolutely on government for their security. And when government fails they seek to rectify that failure in the form of granting government more power. So, as government has failed to control crime and violence with the means given it by the Constitution, they seek to give it more power at the expense of the Constitution. But in doing so, in their willingness to give up their arms in the name of safety, they are really giving up their protection from what has always been the chief source of despotism — government."

RONALD REAGAN, Guns and Ammo, Sep. 1, 1975

5. rpeerless

"They tell us we must learn to live with less, and teach our children that their lives will be less full and prosperous than ours have been; that the America of the coming years will be a place where — because of our past excesses — it will be impossible to dream and make those dreams come true. I don't believe that. And, I don't believe you do either. That is why I am seeking the presidency. I cannot and will not stand by and see this great country destroy itself. Our leaders attempt to blame their failures on circumstances beyond their control, on false estimates by unknown, unidentifiable experts who rewrite modern history in an attempt to convince us our high standard of living, the result of thrift and hard work, is somehow selfish extravagance which we must renounce as we join in sharing scarcity. I don't agree that our nation must resign itself to inevitable decline, yielding its proud position to other hands. I am totally unwilling to see this country fail in its obligation to itself and to the other free peoples of the world."

RONALD REAGAN, declaration of candidacy for U. S. President, Nov. 13, 1979

6. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

God, I miss him.
    dju

7. rpeerless

That's why i posted this. Me too.

8. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

The best and most influential President of my lifetime. I'm a 1951 model.

Chuck

9. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

yup,,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.