1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just saw a Cutco demo from my daughter

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by joe kuhn, Jun 1, 2013.

1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

You don't have to buy. She gets paid just to show (Chicago west burbs). It's quick and fun. PM me your phone number if interested.

Thanks,
    Joe

2. joe kuhn

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Virtual demo option is available, so that opens things up quite a bit past the Chicago Western suburbs.

3. joe kuhn

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Good points Eddie. Not sure I'd call it exploitation because we knew about the referral thing going in...We are letting go and letting her learn on her own with very little input from us. We bought some Cutco knives from the neighbor girl a couple of years ago and will be sending them in for sharpening. We are filling out our set now. Looks like this will be the last set of knives we will ever have to purchase. I will say the other brand of knives we got as a wedding present didn't last very long. Cutco knives would make a great wedding gift.

I didn't know they have grill tools and several outdoors-man type knives. Of course we got the pizza cutter for her itchy brother John.

4. Itchyb

Itchyb TS Member

0   0   0

My niece got involved in the deal, it was the shits for her. Everyone in the family bought knives, and I will say, the sharpest, nicest knives I have ever owned, but jeez they are expensive.

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Yeah, my Nephew got me on a knife set. Yes, they are expensive, but THEY ARE GREAT knives.

6. James344

James344 Active Member

0   0   0

I started selling them myself when needed a temporary job after quitting another. They are expensive but the workmanship and quality is second to none. Guaranteed forever, and they do mean it. Will shrpen all your knives and replace them if they get rust spots or cracks. No other company will do that. As a bonus, they are made right here in the good ol' USA. Olean, NY.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have a quarter set of Cutco knives. My ex-wife sold them for awhile. When she quit she still had her samples and when we got a divorce I snatched as many of her sales samples as I could. LOL

They are quality knives and super sharp. I believe if I remember right, they are guaranteed for life.?. I recall part of the demo was to cut a penny in half with the kitchen shears. That's actually not all that hard to do with any quality scissors but the Cutco kitchen shears are a great tool box addition. They'll cut anything.

Tell her good luck. It's a good product but a tough sale. The price eliminates a great deal of the potential buyers.

8. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

0   0   0

I'm always looking around the house for a pair of scissors so my Wife bought me a set for Christmas a few years ago and I think she said they cost $80. They are great except for the price. Larry

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

How expensive are we talking here?

10. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I LOVE my Cutco knives. We started with a small steak knife set and continued to add to them. My favorite is the ice cream scooper. We got our son-in-law a set of steak knives for christmas and if I remember correctly spent about $200. IF you ever go to a top quality knife store, this doesn't come close to what you might pay.

11. joe kuhn

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Thanks to all for the good words.

Buzz, I'm going to let my daughter answer your question through their web site, but she hasn't been trained on it yet. We'll see what she comes back with this next week. Hopefully there's something you can browse through.

Joe

12. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

We bought a large set for serious $$'s ($1200) for a cousin who was headed to university. They are excellent knives but in my opinion about 40% overpriced compared to best quality Henckels for example. Gerber used to make a superb kitchen set before Fiskars bought the company.

Ron Burr

13. James344

James344 Active Member

0   0   0

They might be pricier than the Henckels set, but you'll never get the quality. And yes, they are guaranteed FOREVER!. If they need resharpened, just send them to Cutco in Olean, NY and they will resharpen and send them back. While they have them they will do an inspection and if they see any defects, you will get a brand new version of the same knife in return. High quality craftsmanship and hight quality customer care.

Handles are same material as NFL helmets, and the rivets are the same material as the blade. Will not expand or shrink with temperature changes.

As an experiment, take a coffee cup, fill with water and put in microwave until water is boiling. If you have knives with wooden handle, place the handle in the water and let sit. After a few hours, the grime in the wood of the handles will seap into the water. This will never happen with Cutco.

14. BuddyTrapChamp

BuddyTrapChamp Member

0   0   0

I work for cutco also its amazing

15. joe kuhn

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Herb, Here is the link to the website page for sharpening your Cutco knives.

Buddy - what do you like about working for Cutco?

16. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

0   0   0

Im not personally involved in Cutco but they are a top 100 company with great products. Great income potential if she goes to her regional training events and learns how to make the biz work. Encourage her to invest in training. We are currently involved in a different company, unassociated with the cutlery industry, and have discovered that training is the key to duplication and the key to big $$$
    Congrats to her for stepping outside the conventional box and taking a chance on herself. My hat is off to anyone who has an opportunity mindset and is willing to take a risk on something new and exciting. She is a visionary. Those types are always successful. Encourage her to find that vehicle for success that works for her. Cutco or not. Be supportive of her mindset and educate yourself about the industry of network marketing. A list of top 100 companies can be found at
    Directsellingnewstop100global.
    Todd Nelson

17. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

DO NOT LICK THE PEANUT BUTTER OFF THE SERRATED KNIVES!

Believe me, I know all about that one...

Kevin

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Got the fillet knife for a gift years ago, and found a kitchen knife at a rummage sale for $1.50. Had the shears in the kitchen forever.

All very good stuff, will buy more if I find it.

HM

19. joe kuhn

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Todd - thanks for the comments. We are supporting her the best we can with transportation, positive feedback, etc. She had another sale yesterday. Regional training is next. This is the girl who asked for backyard chickens. She definitely thinks outside of the box as does Half Mile. Since ownership is proof of purchase, Half Mile can have his knives sharpened too. Bgawk.

20. kenf

kenf Active Member

0   0   0

I sold Cutco for a few years while going to college- great product and they do stand behind it. I've gotten to tour the factory a few times and the people their are a hard working appreciative lot. Just like Snap-On and Leupold, you are paying for the warranty down the road. They also make Ka-Bar knives out of the Olean factory and resharpening on Cutco generally is a quick turnaround.

The Vector deal is fair for those with the right personality- some people were able to sell obscene amounts of Cutco in a few weeks back in the late 90's. The best advice I can give is to have fun and learn about yourself and people while doing it.