1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just reieved my Perazzi case

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barry C. Roach, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

MIA TO THE RESCUE!

2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

MIA can probably help, BUT I'd return it to the seller. If he/told you it was "as new", they fibbed. Shame on him.

Gene in Illinois

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

you can get the latch at the above website. A pop rivet tool is often the best for attaching it.

If you send me a PM with your address, I'll send you a Negrini lock instructions/

Jack

4. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

New original Negrini lock USD 25,00

5. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Doing a search of your posts, its obvious who you bought it from. I'd send it back.

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I just ordered three of the "lock hasp" from Hardwareelf.com @$4.29 each plus shipping.

It's the small size one, either sliver or black. Or buy the whole lock @$25.75 plus shipping.

stevew_2008_03031.jpg

If you want original lock used by Negrini, see Decimamas 54. He has all original Italian parts, Including gun parts.

7. globe fish

globe fish Member

hay guy i have a bungie cord ill give you.

8. Steve W

Here's an update of the "Lock Hasp" for Perazzi case.

I received three hasps today, exact same size on length, width, and hole positions, but one out of three Perazzi case's lock has a narrower slot, I need to file it to make the hasp go in. I guess Negrini use different locks through out the years because the old flat case and the late post 2005 case have the same slot sizes, but one red combo case from late '90s~very early 2000s MX-15 is different.

Here's a picture showing the factory hasp on the left and the one from Hardwareelf.com on the right:

stevew_2008_03034.jpg

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I recently ordered in two of these above-shown latch parts from Hardware Elf and they DID NOT WORK. The latches do NOT fit into the original Negrini combination locking mechanisms of the new style Perazzi cases.

Be care what you buy, or know exactly what to buy. I miced what I had to repair and ordered what was listed on the H/E site, but, as stated, they did not work.

Steve W's above photo clearly shows the locking part of the latch is too large to fit the Perazzi lock slot.

WW

10. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Go up a couple threads. Marcello offered the lock assy with hasp for $25. That sounds pretty good to me.

11. Steve W

Another update,

The two factory cases all accept the HardwareElf hasp well without any issue.

The third case that has narrower lock slots, i filed it. Less than 45 seconds of filing on the lock slot, the HardwareElf hasp worked smoothly now.

stevew_2008_03037.jpg

12. whiz white

Steve that is what I ordered and they did NOT fit.

13. Steve W

Jim, I file the lock slot 1/36" to make it fit, you can see the new hasp is in the locked position now.

Not a hard job, you can do it, it only took me 30~40 seconds. At $4.29 the hasp does not worth returning.

14. whiz white

Trhat's what I did too, but it sure made them sloppy... I was not proud of my filing either.

Thanks for the come-back.

I just opend up an account with Ohil Travel Lock company and was looking earlier at their locks. Then I had to call and ask about dimensions. The gal told me to print out the picture and that was an exact size, but unfortunately, that was not the case.

Am still looking.

Whiz

15. Steve W

Hi Jim,

This hasp size problem only happen to one of my cases, all other cases have no problem taking the same hasp.

I use a small flat file and fit it in 30~40 seconds. :)

Good luck.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.