1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just patterned my Caesar Guerini un-single

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The weather warmed up and I just patterend my 32 inch Caesar Guerini and was amazed at how high it would shoot, from the highest point of impact setting
    I lowered the point of impact from over 120% to 100% and to get it to 100% a true 100% sighting flat down the rib I had to set the rib on 5 lines from the highest setting. Can't wait to try it tonite, I also installed the Improved Modified Choke tube, as the full tube is extremely tight. I shot it all winter at maximum high shooting point, I have been shooting over targets, but now I believe I will be centering them. Anyone else noticed this on their Caesar?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information, Gary. I'll take it as another vote for patterning a gun for POI, no matter what you "expect" it to be doing.

Neil

3. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Gary:

For my Summit trap to shoot 60/40, I've got the rib up as high as it
    will go. I sure with it all the way down it would be 120% high.

4. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

POI is a little different on every Caesar Guerini, when I got mine I adjusted it to the same place as my old gun(SKB 85TSS)! We have a grease board at the club,I shot my old gun three times, measured the pattern, I shot the CG about ten times to match the patterns, then I took it to the club house and we set the comb, I shot about 25 shells and we decided to move the rib down to shoot a little higher,I later matched my over and under to my single barrel. I have never moved it again! Two days later I won the 30 bird at my club with a 30, I also had the my highest average since I started shooting!I also won serval events at our State Shoot. The first place to take a new gun is the patterning board...............

5. Dr.Longshot

Well I shot it tonight with a new buddy partner and we won every buddy shoot but one that we lost in a 60 yard shootoff. I am happy with that. It was a 3 round shootoff that we lost. I did put the full choke tube back in, just for confidence. My pattern measured 19 inches X 19 inches at 43 long paces, it measured the same on all 4 of my test patterns, the pattern is dense and tight.

I raised the point of impact to match my old Seitz which is 18 inches high.
    so it is now at 3 lines above maximum adjustment.

I did not pattern the Improved Modified tube.

The shells were reloads 1 1/8th oz of 7 1/2s with 19 grains of promo in a Top Gun Hull with Rio Primer and Down range Windjammer wad. I have not chronographed it for speed but would estimate it to be about 1220 Fps. Recoil is very nice, softer than a new AA Super Hdcp.

One thing I did notice the pattern was tighter than the Seitz I used to have as I measured the patterns, Seitz measured 25 inches. I keep patterns of my guns so that If a problem arises I have something to check, My Seitz had the 2 1/2 high shooting fixed rib and it shot 18 inches high at 40 paces.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Gary, 19" x 19" @ 43 yds. is impressive.

If you don't mind, what shot were you using and your full choke constriction?

7. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a Summit Trap combo and I have to agree they are one nice shooting gun.
    I had to raise the rib up allmost all the way to shoot 100% high.

8. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Gary, I believe what you are describing is the dense core of your pattern It was probably visibly round. A discernible 19" core at that distance certainly is impressive. Don't let anyone touch that barrel and choke. It doesn't get any better than that.

9. Dr.Longshot

It is a factory un-altered full choke tube, I have never checked the constriction, I was using 1 1/8th oz of 7 1/2s 19 grs Promo, Down Range Windjammer Wad, Rio Primer, Federal Top Gun Hull. The max pattern with flyers was 20 1/2 inches, but the even rounded pattern was 19 inches. Best pattern of any gun I have owned, Seitz, K-80, Beretta, Ljutic, Alferman, Perazzi, it is the best of the best.

The pattern is very dense and evenly distributed shot on all 12 pattern checks
    while checking the POI with different rib heights.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. wbill

wbill Member

I agree with this gun being a good bang for the buck but the problem I am having with mine is the POI is not the same. When I change from my U/S to the O/U. the top tube shoots close to the U/S but the bottom tube shoots high left which causes problems when shooting doubles.

11. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Kraiza:
    Don't you mean you had to lower the rib to get 100% high?

12. chipking

chipking TS Member

Kraiza is correct. Raising the rib at the front as on the Caesar Guerini lowers the point of impact. Mine was high as well for both the unsingle and the O/U. Once both were set to where I wanted them the gun performed very well. Unfortunately due to weather and my stupidity mine had to be done in a registered shoot in very windy conditions. I picked my new Summit Combo up on a Thursday and had every intention of stopping by my club on the way home to pattern and practice with my new toy. It rained cats and dogs all Thursday afternoon and Friday so I didn't get a chance. Since there was a shoot on Saturday at a club that I like to support and the day dawned bright and sunny I decided to go on down. By the time I got there the wind was blowing at about 20+ with gusts way in excess of 30. Oh well I'll shoot any way. My first set of singles was terrible and I found I had to hold WAY under the bird for a break (kinda hard to do sometimes when the wind pushes it flat or drives it at the ground). At the mid point as we changed fields I brought the rib up 4 bars on the unsingle which should be 12 inches per the CG instructions. I was 48 for the next 50 with 2 lost to my blowing by the bird as the wind shoved it towards the ground. I made the same changes to my O/U rib and shot above my average in doubles despite some very lively birds. I prefer a high shooter but as it came the CG was high even for me. Tomorrow will be paper time to do the fine tuning.

--- Chip King ---

13. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

wbill,

Sounds like a manufacturing issue. You need to contact Caesar Guerini. I have a CG Magnus combo 34" US & 32" O/U and had no difficulty making all three tubes shoot 100% high and dead on windage wise.

Michael

14. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

wbill,

As a Caesar Guerini dealer I agree with Michael above. I check every set of barrels that come through my shop with a lazer bore sight. I have not found one C-G that would not pattern all three of it's combo barrels to the same POI. They really do shoot where they are supposed to. I would call the folks at Caesar and tell them what is happening with your O/U. 410-901-1131 I think they will reregulate the barrels or replace them for you if they are shooting as you state above.

The commitment to service is one of the reasons I love selling the guns! Can't wait for the Top single later this month or early May.

Regards,

Bob Schultz/ Target Shotguns, INc.

15. Dr.Longshot

Sky Buster he is right, he had to raise the rib to get it to shoot his POI
    These guns in Un-single will shoot almost 130% high, I feel the 32inch unsingle
    will shoot higher than the 34 Inch un-single, mine is a 32 inch Bbl. with factory release trigger.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

16. wbill

wbill Member

Thanks Bob, I also lazer checked the barrels and thats what made me check them on the pattern board. I think I will call CG and see what they say.

17. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

What is a "lazer"? Is that a brand name for a tool used to check bore straightness or a misspelling of laser?

18. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I apologize to all if this is a no-no,but I saw the thread & if anyone is interested,I have a 32" NIB CG Summit Unsinge for sale. $4000 delivered.

19. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

www.arrowlasershot.com you can take a look a the laser.

20. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

I use to believe I was shooting over targets , Truely did !!!! However Phil Kliner showed me I was actually shooting under the targets .

Pat Kelley

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
caesar guerini pattern
caesar guerini summit trap top single setting poi
guerini unsingle
guerini unsingle barrel

magnus trap unsingle patterns high

making a caesar guerini unsingle shoot flat
my cesar gurinie shoots high
what is meant by a guerini unsingle