Trapshooters Forum banner

Just MX2000 R/I Sold VG condition Sold

8K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  JACK 
#1 · (Edited)
This gun begs to campaign. All the right stuff. 1.60 kg, 18.7 bore, .032 fixed. Lever in good position, Good top lever spring. Locks up like a vault. $6175. Incls Perazzi case. Outstanding condition gun. Needs nothing other than a new home. Bbl, R/I, FE match. Barely edge wear on Recvr. In the bus... We call it "patina"[/ATTACH]
Gun Firearm Trigger Air gun Shotgun
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Shotgun
Gun Shotgun Rifle Firearm Trigger
Gun Shotgun Trigger Air gun Gun barrel

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks Aaron. And I see now that I put an improper trigger in the gun. It came with a PGE release . It should have an engraved trigger guard trigger, an I have plenty of those. All good mechanics too. I'll install one on the way out of the shop

Reactions: Pseudo Nym
#13 ·
Aaron. Honest question. I think the answer is that it is not an RS. the hot set up for many of today's shooters is to maintain an upright head and shoot like a statue. this gun requires some "tucking in" of the face on the comb using your eye/cheek bone as an anchor... And this gun does not come with a perfect O/U to shoot dubs.My personal opinion is that a guy is better off with a stand alone dubs gun, but many other shooters prove me wrong.

Not everybody has the time or money or desire to spend the entire day at a club to shoot the whole program. Many feel that 2 events of singles and handicap is enough.

But this gun begs to break them all. The prior owner was always in contention with this gun and "on the way up".

Needs another shooter like him.

Reactions: Aaron Barker
#15 · (Edited)
And to the others watching this, I do (sold now) have a comparable RS MX2000 with CT. 18.7 bore. Pull trigger or I can add in a bottom Allem release. $6800 in pull, $6950 in quality Allem release. The RS is a nickel receiver. It is another gun I choose to keep together. This RS Nickel gun has sold.

Both of these quality guns come with good condtion Perazzi 2 sided cases. At your choice I will substitute a new Negrini 1607 case in place of the Perazzi case.

#16 ·
The gun will come with a engraved trigger guard typical with MX2000 guns. the one in the gun is off a MX15. I have one (ONE) good Allem bottom release left.

#18 ·
A terrific shooter John. Looks as good or better in person. Prior owner was a star in the making with this gun. I shot on 3 with he on 4 as he broke 99. He was breaking 90s at hcp with this gun. it is a winner. The prior owner is a great guy that points his life to other places... He will miss this gun.

To those reading this... John G. is a very good friend that just happens to live a mere mile away form my my old Illinois office of 15 years. I did not know him then...Nor did we shoot together and introduce each other. A shame, but glad to know him now.

#25 ·
Bbl on the way to Indiana. And thanks a lot Bob. The R/I is available for 2500 shipped. The stock is too good to sell, so I willprob keep it. If you want it and the FE, offer me $800. I have the trigger shown. $700. it is pull bottome first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.