1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just joined the ATA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fly, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fly

fly Active Member

I haven't received my information yet after joining, but am curious on what classes I will be placed in for DBLS-16-Handicap. I currently shoot skeet & Sporting in registered events.

2. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

probably B,B and 20 yrds

3. missed some

missed some TS Member

welcome aboard,if i knew you or ever meet you i would shake your hand and say welcome! mark crist from the "calm" state of KS

4. missed some

missed some TS Member

and as far as the info goes, i am still waiting on my new card also, hoping it will be B21C

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

If you shoot registered targets in either NSSA or NSCA, they'll take your classification there to place you into the corresponding class in the ATA.

ss

6. missed some

missed some TS Member

not arging ss but i have found it to be the other way around, but i haven't joined the ata as a new member since 1980. but i do know some pretty good sporting clays shooters who achieved master and they were placed in B unless a big shoot then it could be A. would like to know the results, keep us posted and once again congrats.

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Rick- It appears that you know how to answer questions.
    ss- Using registered skeet scores to classify trapshooters.... that is new to me.

Pat Ireland

8. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Don't be concerned where you are classed, just go out and compete, shoot with the top shooters at your home club and pick their brain at every opportunity. Take 'em as they come.
    Woody

9. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Fly, don't worry about your ave. yet. Just go out and shoot some small club shoots for your first 500 targets. More than likely at these small shoots they will give you a N/A for your first shoot. No Class as it were. After your first shoot your score will give you your class for the second shoot. You just add and reaverage all your scores until you get to 500, then you can go to some of the larger shoots with a good ave. so they can place you there. If you go to big shoots before 500 targets they will hit you with a A class in most shoots. It comes down to the rules at different clubs. So just go out and have fun at the smaller shoots and get some targets reg. and the rest will work itself out. You can still shoot at the larger shoots for targets only if you like, and want to go to some of the larger ones. Have Fun and Good Luck. Break-em all. Jeff

10. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

I've shot for 18 years and I've never been to a shoot that gave you an "N/A" for your classification.

All of the cashiering software I'm familiar with wouldn't accept such a "classification."

Is a trophy given for winning the "N/A" class?

11. deputy1782

deputy1782 TS Member

I am new member and just got mine yesterday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.