1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Just home from MISSOURI STATE SHOOT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Martinpicker, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Just arrived home from the Missouri State Shoot in Linn Creek, MO. (I know it is only Friday, but I work weekends!)

What a great week! Shot good targets in good weather. Clubhouse crew was friendly and efficient. Picked a little guitar at Flagarto's tent. Traded guns with Merlyn. Shot in the nineties.(Acceptable for an old hack like me. The soft side of growing old for me is that I never was any good!,so I am not getting worse!) Fun stuff.

As the old expression goes, "The weather is here...wish you were beautiful!"
    Martinpicker (Jack)
  2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Active Member

Just talked to a friend there. The shoot is up nicely, he says. Good weather is helping. Wish I was there.
  3. missemucho

missemucho Member

I love our gun club, but I have to say--Linn Creek consistently throws the best targets I've ever seen. Even I occasionally hit one!
    John
  4. mette56

mette56 Active Member

Planned on going just to supply The Literalist some free booze but surgeon said I'm still not healed from cataract surgery complications done on 4-9-12. Hope he and Maltzie were OK without me there. Maybe next year!

milt
  5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Active Member

Now why is that a common trait at the Missouri shoots,,,,,Have traded guns with Merlyn often.....
  6. Martinpicker

Yeah, Merlyn always says, "I am not as big an _______ as you've heard." Actually, the only person I have ever heard badmouth Merlyn is Merlyn! One of the good guys in my opinion. Martinpicker
  7. RemingtonReloader

RemingtonReloader TS Member

Merlyn's a really good guy... I want to know who's bad mouthing him because he's so easy to get along with... What a jerk. -Aaron Schneider
  8. Martinpicker

So as of tonight the Missouri State Shoot had ended. Were there any stand-outs? Any surprises? Any new guns winning awards? Any more great trades? Jack
  9. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

Just made it back myself, just walked in the door, had a great time and a great shoot. I always look forward to the State Shoot and the fall Handicap. Thanks Stan
  10. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Just got done unloading the trailer after spending an enjoyable week at Linn Creek.
    The weather was great, as were the targets.

Got to meet and greet with some old friends from Illinois and just had a great time.

Talked with Denny/Literalist while we watched our scores come up on the big screen tv.

Came home with a free bag of the new wads from Down Range. They have a windjammer 8 petal upper and a figure 8 lower. The STS type wads are a bright yellow and the Federal was is a darker color. Ought to be the best of both wads.

ed.

Looking forward to filling some hulls and trying them out.
  11. skydiver41

skydiver41 TS Member

Standouts? I can think of one and she is a friend of mine. Samantha Foppe shot a 97 in the Championship Handicap Event today and earned her punch back to the 27 yard line. Samantha is 13 years old. I believe that is a new record. Congrats to my friend Samantha and to her very hard working parents Joe and Trez who bust their butts to support her.
  12. Martinpicker

Wow! That is great stuff. Rage on, Samantha!
  13. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Active Member

Is Samantha the young lady that always wears pink shoes to shoot?
  14. skydiver41

skydiver41 TS Member

Not sure about the shoes. She was sporting cowboy boots with a splash of pink on them for most of the week. Samantha grew about 5 inches last year. To look at her you would never guess that she is only 13. I have to remind myself of this from time to time. She really looks more like 16 and if you speak to her you would think the same. She is very polite and an intense competitor, yet very well versed in etiquette and sportsmanship. We are all very proud of her.
  15. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Member

"Sam" (and her folks) are an asset to the trapshooting community!! Always willing to help anyone......THANKS.....merlyn
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.